"E" on my album cover in Roon

I’ve never seen this happen in adding 4000+ ripped CDs to Roon. The cover art has a little black box with the letter E in white. It’s not the cover art itself - I can change from the default one Roon uses to my locally stored one and the E is still there (does not exist on local cover art).

Its located in the top left corner when browsing albums, but shows up in the bottom left corner when I focus on the album.

Cheers,
Robert

IMG_26022021_194114_(300_x_400_pixel)

IMG_26022021_194044_(300_x_400_pixel)

Got it in one!

Weird, there is no question that I have other albums in my collection that should be similarly flagged, yet this is the first time I’ve come across this. Appears to have been toggled on during the recent Roon update.

I note that turning this flag off in the main settings only removes the E from albums overview and it still shows when focused on the album. To turn that off you need to edit the album itself.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Robert

1 Like

Is there are problem with the “Explicit” display on the album page?

I have the setting off:

Yet I see the E on the cover on the album page:

However not in the album overview list:

That is my experience also. It seems like the global setting is only for the overall view, whereas if you want it off at the album level you basically have to edit the album and say the lyrics are not explicit - which may or may not be true. This seems like an odd implementation.

Cheers,
Robert

1 Like