B1405 and ARC B264 - Enabled voice control Android Auto

Enabled voice control for CarPlay and Android Auto

How is this enabled as Hey Google Assistant tells me to download apple music?

Edit: double checked no default music app

And, full screen Roon ARC on iPads. Thanks Roon.

4 Likes

What is your setup? How did you try to interface with Google Assistant?

Please make sure you are:

• Using Google Assistant via Android Auto in the car (outside of the car isn’t currently supported)
  • Running build 1405 Roon Server.
  • Have no default music app selected.
  • Explicitly asked Google to play music “in Roon ARC”

Lmk if that helps.

Hi @michael

Let me get back to you on this tomorrow.

Once I read the notes for the 3rd time I noted a sequence I needed to follow.

While you’re here, the Remote app freeze up is worse than ever.

See my other thread.

Google Assistant keeps asking me to download apple.

Windows 11, Roon Server EA1405 :wink:
Motorola G73 5g smartphone, Android 14 (update a few days ago)

Does ARC have to be online for this to work. Not near my car to test, just wondering.

Not support @ged_hickman1

I tested on my drive home.

1 Like

I meant offline but connected to the car via android auto

I hear you :+1:

Without testing :man_shrugging:

Too lazy tonight to try

1 Like

Some things about this build:

• Voice control: I can’t play an album. If I ask Google “play the artist’s y album X”, if there is a track with the same title as the album, it will play that one. Otherwise,If the album title does not match any track, nothing is played.

• New interface:

• Home: I would have preferred large covers as previously but with the latest added instead of the last ones played. but I understand that this is a personal thing. The point, as already mentioned for the latest implementations, is a greater possibility of customization.
    • Browse: I don’t understand. It sounds like a search by genre, so why not call it “genres”? Furthermore, if this section is given more prominence, It is necessary to correct the famous bug that shows a maximum of 12 albums per genre.

Wow, thanks for finding :slight_smile: Looks pretty good :clap:

1 Like

Looks really good. Only not available in landscape?

Not for me either. I suppose that’s a larger development effort than making the already-existing portrait layout fill the screen.

Any strawberry sauce?

4 Likes

In my car a VW golf with a Samsung s24.
Voice control doesn’t work when ARC is offline.
If I say “on Roon ARC” it thinks it part of the name of the requested item “Bruce Springsteen on ruin ark”.
I just have to say “play item” and it says “ok asking Roon ARC to play item”
It works really well sitting in the drive testing :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Sorry to say, due to my remote app issues last night I have gone on to the latest production build.

If you’d like to give me a second subscription free of charge and a free of charge Titan to test things on EA, just PM me :wink::grin:

Just some Android Auto feedback, saying “Play the album Breakfast in America by Supertramp” no matter what will always play the song Breakfast in America not the album. This will likely always be an issue where an album is named after a song.