Early Access on QNAP NAS

@Early_Access @crieke

Hi,

Sorry to tag you, but I can’t find a solution in the database.

Is there a way to install version 1410 on a QNAP NAS? I’m one of the clients who have issues with airplay. (out of sync and not able to play) QNAP is not mentioned on the early access page list.

Thnx,

Dimitri

You have to remove your old package and install early access from RoonOnNAS – Use your NAS as a Roon Core

https://roononnas.org/builds/QNAP/earlyaccess/RoonServerEarlyAccess_QNAP_x86-64_2022-11-17.qpkg

Can confirm that EA manual Installation process works flawlessly if production roon from the qnap App Center is removed. Downloading the qpkg file and opting for manual Installation is easy once you have found that option

You might want to make sure the location path for roon’s internal database is set to the fastest storage you have (internal M.2 or SATA SSD are fastest) and that selection is still valid after rebooting. Just open roon app icon in App Center.

Have fun!

Thnx. I’ll give it a try tomorrow. Roon keeps crashing in this setup and airplay just doesn’t want to play along.

Installed EA 1410 and AirPlay plays but is terribly out of sync. Everything plays out of sync when grouped via AP.

Gonna settle for the workaround in 1407 and hope for a quick and real upgrade. :confused: