Edit artist or album [review] description

I don’t believe so. It seems pretty flexible; it opens in a new window so doesn’t have to fit in with the Roon UI.

Yes, Roon will find a pdf stored in the directory with the music files, FLAC or whatever.
But we need a way to do that for Tidal content, where we have no directory.
Roon allows adding images like cover art for Tidal, but not pdf.

Could Roon team let us know if this is still something they consider implementing and delivering ? either edit existing reviews or add our own reviews. PDF is not a viable option as it is not as seamless plus editing is not easy

2 Likes

Need this too. I have quite a few albums with no reviews on it. Would love to be able to add my own.

2 Likes

I too would like to know this. Not actually heard anything from the Roon team for a while.

1 Like

Bumping this up. I feel Roon should keep us posted on this and let us know if it is on roadmap or not.
I also use Audirvana which UI is much more basic but I have no issue putting my notes, or reviews that I like.

1 Like

Yeah this seems to be an oft-requested feature and is a no-brainer to my mind, to allow the end user to add missing reviews and also to add extra ones as they see fit. Would still very much like this ability.

Hi,
Also considering how to include own reviews / comments pages to increase editorial quality for albums.
Regards,
C.D

1 Like

I’d love the ability to add text to empty album review sections. Sometimes I download one long track with multiple songs and I’d like to add the track list to the album description/review section. Or, I might like to add my own notes about how I was introduced to the album, how it relates to other artists that I like, etc.

This seems like it would be easy to accomplish, especially compared to all of the complex functionality that Roon offers.

I’m really surprised this isn’t an option already. Any chance this in the works at all?

1 Like

+1

I also like to have the ability to delete some of the cr@ppier reviews (quite a lot of ‚em…) and replace them by copy-pasting quality reviews of my personal choice.

2 Likes

I am waiting for this also, seems like something so easy to do not sure why it is taking so long to implement what seems like a simple feature. I would love to be able to get rid of some of what i see as useless album reviews and bio’s and add ones i have got that give the depth i am after. I guess its just a case of having to wait hopefully it wont be much longer though 5 years nearly is a very long time :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

well, there a quite a number of really signifianct feature requests open since 5 years. Not a lot seems to get done here…

1 Like

for me this is the one thing which stops me from plumping for a roon subscription at present as the rest of roon for how i would use it is superb. i can use other software such as plex, musicbee, helium music manager and add the information as i see fit but don’t have same look/appeal as roon does. If they were to add this feature would jump straight in and get a subscription, until then i will just have to wait and use one of the less attractive options in my view.

1 Like

Many of the labels that produce my music provide excellent descriptions, either PDF files or HTML that I can save as PDF. I can copy that information into the folder. Except streamed content (which has been 98.5% of my 1000+ albums in the last year) don’t have a folder to put it in.
Roon is moving ahead to the streaming world in a nice way, but certain features are stuck in the o,d ways.

1 Like

I am aware can do the PDF way but is just not seamless enough for me, i want to edit the artist bio or album review and for it to show within roon itself instead of a PDF program. As i have mentioned previously I am not sure why this has not been implemented for something other programs/software seem to be able to do with no issue at all. I really like roon but i want it to show my information in a more seamless way.

1 Like

I wouldn’t want to edit an official reviewers work even if I didn’t agree as that could get complicated legally, but the ability to either remove it and or substitute ones own work additionally would be great.
Also, where no review exists or on bootleg material, the ability to add ones own, or preferred reviews would be very helpful.

1 Like

You do realise that the edit would be on your local machine - you wouldn’t be editing the actual review on the website! So no legal issues.

Also, the idea isn’t that you edit another person’s review on your local machine either. The idea is that you can add reviews that are missing, swap a review you don’t like for one you do, and ideally have the option to have multiple reviews.

1 Like

Yes I agree with most of that but do not know the conditions with which the reviews are published. There could be terms that we have to abide by with regards editing. Of course there may also be no such terms.

Well I believe Plex use the same provider as Roon for there information and if you don’t like one of the reviews or artist bio’s you can quickly and easily change it as it’s what i am using at the minute. I cannot see why Roon would have something in place stating you can’t replace the review or bio. The problem with Plex is is does not go into the same depth as what Roon does. Once this get implemented I would jump straight over to Roon as implements better than Plex with my other devices.

2 Likes

There are no such terms.