Edit artist or album [review] description

I was just posing the possibility, it’s good to know.

+1 for this feature. I was just searching through some of my collection and thought, “man it would be nice to add an album description for this” and I cannot believe this feature does not exist. Roon team I would think this would be a pretty trivial add.

3 Likes

Giving this a nudge so it can be seen by the powers that be. I really would like this to be implemented to roon. At this stage would just like someone to advise if this would be implemented at all.

2 Likes

Would be awesome if Roon would allow us to do this :grinning:

2 Likes

Is Roon listening? I want to be able to edit artist descriptions too, please. Can this feature be bumped up the To Do list? And also, on a Mac (and presumably on a PC too) the scroll bar on the RHS of the screen is ridiculously small.

1 Like

5 years now since that response from @danny

1 Like

Clearly, this was deprioritized.

We launched in May of 2015 and we’ve learned since then. This is a great example of why we don’t say anything about timeline or future features anymore.

2 Likes

:-1: (For the fact you did not even care to inform us about the “deprioritization” part. Should we use this as an indication, Roon Mobile or the UI overhaul are also deprioritized by now, right?)

2 Likes

Per Danny…

Thanks for chipping in danny, albeit with a relatively brief response! You say you’ve learned since then - presumably you’ve learned that there are a significant number of users who have been requesting this feature since day dot, and that metadata is not automatically pulled for a significant number of albums in users collections?

2 Likes

There are 100’s or possibly 1000’s of feature request for Roon. Some of which might be from a single user and others from multiple users. Some are great ideas, others, maybe not so great. Roon has said repeatedly, they do no comment on these.

1 Like

Let me be honest once more.

What I see as a failure on Roon’s part is not the necessity for (de)prioritizing or that they will implement only what makes sense to them. It is the false expectations they set right from the start.

To be explicit:

1. From end-user’s perspective, the pace of development is very slow. Much slower than it was.
  2. “Feature Requests” are no longer marked as either “On roadmap” or “Not on roadmap”.
  3. They tend not to deliver on their past promises. (See this thread as an example.)

Due to the above, as an end-user & practically-speaking, I have no idea what the Roon’s vision is and if we are ever going to get close to it. And it frustrates me that the team is unable to give me a clear hint whether my vision (issues / suggestions) is ever getting at least partially incorporated, or not.

Due to the above, I can pretty much just take the software for what it is currently. Not looking into the future, not expecting anything. And my experience in a nutshell is that it works well as long as you do not have too many expectations or too specific use cases. Once you get outside its relatively narrow “comfort zone”, it gets buggy and is overall inflexible/restrained.

I am glad I supported the team by purchasing the lifetime license. They deserved it back then. And the fact I have it for lifetime is the reason I am still here.

But I will keep an eye on something better around the corner. My trust in Roon has been decreasing over time.

1 Like

I wonder how many people Roon would have to hire to keep 100,000 + customers informed of the status of their individual feature request and visions for Roon and how much the price of Roon would need to increase to pay those people?

This is what I do. It’s what I paid for and I’m never disappointed, and sometimes, pleasantly surprised.

1 Like

To be honest: to communicate a developement roadmap (1year, 3year, 5year plan) it just takes one employee to post that plan (here in this forum) if there is any.

All big and good comapanies explain there vision to their customer to make them confident spending their money on the right place.

Most companies dont communicate because:

1. they dont have any or vague plan.
  2. they change their own plan too often and communicating the would just have damage on cutomer relationship.
  3. they have aplan, but be afraid customers dont like it
  4. they have a plan but dont want to discuss this permanently.

I feel dont communicating the developement roadmap in softwarebusiness is a big mistake, as Software biggest asset is prio1: function they have everybody need prio2 function they will have everybody need.

Fact ist for Roon: if you like what it is = buy, if you buy because you hope something will be = drop off

I love Roon for what it is, but im very unhappy how they deal with feature request and communicating roadmap.

and for Dannys post: solution might be to keep the promises instead of stop promising anything.

5 Likes

Hello everyone, I’m a new Roon subscriber and enjoying it immensely. A feature request probably requested by other users: The ability to edit album reviews. I mean, look at this, who the hell is this Ron Wynn?

5 Likes

Welcome, Nima!

Thanks Bill, Cheers!

I have that CD and the review succinctly states its musical value. :laughing:

5 Likes

I don’t think I agree :laughing:

2 Likes