Editing album metadata is painful. Please add manual input for TrackNo and DiscNo

It cannot, as you have found out. Roon’s metadata editing is rather an after thought and hasn’t been significantly changed or improved in the 5 years I have been using the product. However I believe that album identification capability has improved over that time but it is vital that your files have good metadata on import otherwise Roon can easily be thrown off course in trying to identify an album. Incorrect track numbering or a missing track can lead to an album being unidentified.

When importing my albums five years ago I thought that my Sonos library (as it was then) had reasonable metadata, but it did not. It was a mess in places and I purchased mp3Tag to sort out the mess.

I also purchased a program called SongKong, which can automate the process to some degree. The author of SongKong is a forum member @paultaylor and provides discounts for Roon members from time to time as well as support in this forum.

3 Likes