Editing artist listings

On Charlie Haden/ John Taylor’s album “Nightfall” you list a third primary artist John Tayler. Can this error be corrected ?

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Library Size

Description of Issue

You can edit it in your library.

The third primary artist will either be in the album credits or in the (separate) album artists

I have tried that. I can add a primary artist but not delete one.

Can you post a screenshot? I have edited my library extensively and never had a problem removing an erroneous primary artist, as far as I can recall.

Since you are so god at it maybe you could edit this album ?

Well I can only relate my experience, let me know if you don’t want me to try and help you. :man_shrugging:

I can try to edit this album, but only in the evening when I’m back home. Is it on Qobuz? (I don’t have Tidal).

It is on Tidal unfortunately

Well, in case nobody else jumps in, I can still look it up on Qobuz, maybe it shows the wrong artist as well. But give me 6 hours until I am back home :slight_smile:

Don’t bother. I have done the job by editing individual tracks.

1 Like

Right, I forgot about that part. The primary artist (or any other credit) can be a part of the album credits, but it can also be a part of the individual track credits. I don’t think it’s possible to see the difference when looking at the credits that are displayed for an album. So if the wrong credit is not visible in the album edit, you must edit it in the tracks, like you did.

Annoying and difficult to find, but once you know it’s doable.

Be aware that you can select all tracks at once (using right-click and/or the Shift key) and then make the edit for all of them, by using the edit menu for the whole selection at the top of the screen (and not the 3 dot menu next to the track, which only edits the individual track)