Embarking on making another powered speaker endpoint

So this is now done, Took me a bit longer than expected but I am really happy with it, a nice neat little solution Was very nervous about drilling into a pair of fully working speakers but its been worth it.

The pi and hifiberry amp is neatly stuck to the inside of the left speaker cabinet using velcro fasteners so its easily removed if I need to reflash the card. I got all the wires pretty tidy inside given there is not much room to work in. No pictures as having got it all working reluctant to open it up again unless I really need to. The wireless adaptor works really well having it mounted on the outside of the speaker cabinet via a reversible usb a2b surface mount adapter and a2b cable inside. I did scuff the cabinet a litte drilling the holes but its nothing major.

Disconnecting the crossover from the connectors was pretty easy so i could then turn the connectors to outputs to the satellite speaker. Just need to get some neater speaker cable with bananas plugs and its all done.

Sounds pretty good for a 20 year old budget book shelves and now fully independent powered one/two box system for Roon and Spotify. Not sure where to put it yet. Probably give it my daughter as her first foray into a half decent system.

4 Likes