Embedded Art problem

Hey @Mike_Falcon – I don’t think we’ve made any changes in this area recently, but let me explain how it’s supposed to work, and if it seems like something is broken please flag down @support again and they’ll have our QA team investigate.

So, in Roon all editing is generally done by choosing preference between 3 “layers” – Roon’s metadata, information from your file tags, and edits you make in Roon. More info on that here.

So, the question here is how to do we populate the “file tag” layer for cover art, and the answer is that we look at all the art we find (both embedded in the media and in the folder alongside the media) and we pick the highest quality art we find that we are confident is the front cover.

I went in some additional detail about this here, and there’s also a feature request linked in that thread about more granular controls some users have requested.

A workaround for this:

Would be to rename the JPGs in the folder to something that lets Roon know these are not what you want used as the front cover. I suspect renaming them to liner.jpg and re-scanning the album would work.

Thanks for the feedback here.