EQ Settings for Audioquest Nighthawk

I’m new to using a parametric EQ. Can someone help me translate the below comment to Roon EQ settings? A screenshot would be helpful.

In this graph, you can see where I boosted 1, 3, and 8 khz by nearly 6 db. Then I reduced 160 hz by about 6 db, tapering off to -3 db at 600 hz. And that’s way after break-in. But that’s using an iPhone 6 and Oppo DAC. The EQ for desktop use was less dramatic, but still about +/- 4 db. In this graph, the vertical divisions are 6 db, and the vertical lines missing are 300 and 3000 hz.

You need 7 bands set up as peak/dip with the values from Dave’s forum.

Please could you provide information on where to find “Dave’s forum” referenced above? Many thanks

I haven’t got the link you’re seeking, but …

… if you’re looking to EQ Audioquest Nighthawks, here’s a link to the appropriate convolution filters, zipped-up and ready to use in Roon’s convolution engine for both sample-rate-families, from our dear member @killdozer.
Convolution gives the best results, parametric filters are less exact, as can be seen in this screenshot, taken from the link below…

But if you prefer parametric filters for some reason, you can find the settings here.

1 Like

thank you Marin much appreicated

1 Like

You’re very welcome :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Too long time ago. I think it was referenced in the first post. You can find however here a lot of discussions and settings with which you can play: