Error Connecting ARC App to Roon Core: Network and IP Configuration Issues (ref#WPV1GG)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble with Roon ARC

What best describes your issue with ARC

· Other

Describe the issue

When away from home, the ARC app is unable
to connect to my Roon Core. I get the following error in the Remote app:

{
"ipv6_connectivity": {"status":"NetworkError","status_code":502,"error":"error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 2a0a:ef40:105f:b401:85f3:94c3:d4a8:8339:55002, response code: undefined, body: undefined"},
"ipv4_connectivity": {"status":"NetworkError","status_code":504,"error":"error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined"},
"external_ip": {"actual_external_ip":"62.hhh.iii.jjj","actual_external_ipv6":"2a0a:aaa:bbb:ccc:zzz:aab:abc:acd","router_external_ip":"null"},
"natpmp_autoconfig": {"status":"NotFound"},
"upnp_autoconfig": {"server_ip":"192.168.1.1","found_upnp":true,"error":"s:ClientUPnPError718ConflictInMappingEntry"}
}

Describe your network setup

Mac Mini 2018

You have uPnP turned on so Roon Server is trying to configure a port forwarding rule - but the port to be forwarded is already being forwarded.

Do you also have a manual port forwarding rule for the Roon ARC port in place? You should use either a manual port forwarding rule or uPnP. Not both.

Has the ip address of your Roon Server changed recently, possibly because of a period when it was turned off? If so, the previous port forwarding rule may still be in place and interfering with the newly requested configuration.

If this is the case, the easiest coarse of action is to change the ARC port number in the Roon → Settings → Roon ARC page.

1 Like