Errors in credits displayed and exported in different views

Hello,

There are inconsistencies in the credits displayed and exported.Here is an example.

1. Correct composers displayed in the album

2018-11-24%2000_40_07-Roon

1. Incorrect composers when the track is displayed in the compositions view

1. Incorrect composers when the track is exported (regardless of where it is exported from).

Michael Bloomfield and John Lewis did not write “Blues in B Flat”… EDIT (see below): they did write a song with the same title, but that is not the song included in the Art Tatum album displayed…

Thanks for looking into this.

I think the data is correct, as it is correctly displayed in the album view. It seems like a bug in the export and performers view. The data in Rovi is correct as well (you an look up the album on AllMusic).

I just looked up the song “Blues in B Flat” on Allmusic. There is one composed by Bloomfield and Lewis. So the export is aggregating all composers of a song with the same title, instead of displaying the composers related to the song included in the album…

Hi, any chance this bug can be corrected in the next version ?
Thanks

Sorry to insist, but could someone look into this ? Thanks.

Hi @anon49565150,

Apologies for the delay here! We are currently investigating the source of the incorrect metadata you’re seeing. I’ll be sure to update you once we have more information here.

Would you mind sharing the album that’s experiencing this behavior with us?

Ideally, you can zip up the entire folder and send me private message containing a shared dropbox link. If you don’t have Dropbox or need another way to send the media, just let me know.

Thanks,
Dylan

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. This is NOT a meta-data issue. It is a bug in the export program… In order to see it, you need to have two seperate tracks, with the same title, but different performers. I will send you an example of two tracks so you will be able to reproduce it.

1 Like

Hi, did the Roon team have a chance to replicate the issue?

Hello @anon49565150,

I took a look at our internal tracker today, and I can see that your ticket is still in our QA team’s queue for review. I have submitted another request for them to take a look at this issue and I will be sure to update you as soon as I have more information to share here.

Thanks,
Noris

1 Like

Any chance this bug will ever get fixed ?
If you have a doubt about its validity, simply export all the tracks from your library, and take a look in Excel at the “Composers” column. Some tracks appear with over 10 composers, Sometimes the same composer is repeated multiple times with different spellings (for example, on one track I get this: Riley King / Fats Washington / B.B. King / Ferdinand Washington / Fredi Washington)

David Bowie, Pinups, Track 5: Everything’s Allright. Exported credits are:

Nickey Crouch / Keith Karlson / John Konrad / Stuart James / Simon Stavely / Nicholas Crouch / Bob Konrad / James Brown / James Cleveland / Stu James

!!!

When you look at the track in roon, the credits are ok, but when you go to the “composition”, the credits are wrong.

What is obviously happening here is that Roon is aggregating credits on titles that have the same name.

In the export feature, the credits exported are not those of the track but of the composition