EtherREGEN with an AfterDark OCXO clock; WOW

i dont think i’m wrong.

The price on the site for that now is HK 5,830 whereas your AD forum post stated:

"wow the price has really shot up!
i paid around USD460 for my ER queen wave clock.

it is USD750 now…"

so a bit of confusion all round perhaps.

No personal interest in AD, nor do I have any of their products although I do have an EtherRegen.

i have three of those clocks.
am glad i paid lesser for them.
seems they’re taking advantage of the interest in the clocks and raising the price.
not sure where the confusion is, if any.

Try Ctronic Music of Boston. Frank Smith has the Queen for $565 plus entire line of AfterDark products.

That’s interesting. I don’t suppose you know if anyone stocks them in the UK?

Some of it was mine thinking in GBP and not USD never mind HK. My apologies. I’m still not convinced it’s AD taking advantage, though, rather than currency fluctuations etc.

I don’t know who the distributor is in the UK. Ctronic is in the States. I have interacted with Adrian at AfterDark in HK and have found him to be extremely knowledgeable, responsive, competent & helpful. Same can be said for Frank Smith at Ctronic Music of Boston.

It’s a real shame that the price of a vital piece of human existence, an external clock for an audiophile switch, has gone up, when luxuries such as food, housing, and fuel have remained at the same low price forever. All about priorities I guess. :wink:

4 Likes

Yes, the PS that comes with the ER is pretty darn good. I already had a 9V LPS sitting around - built many years ago for my then Squeezebox. I’m using it now but I don’t remember really hearing any difference. It may not the the last word in LPS’s but still …

Anyway, thanks for pointing to this option. I may use that with the tubed sine wave clock I have on order.

Did you buy the regular or the 75+ version? Are they 50 Ohm and 75 Ohm versions?

Sorry. My OP has a typo. I did not buy the 75 Ohm. I bought the 50. Deliberately.

Thanks. I just placed an order for the 75 Ohm version. I read John Swenson’s advice so I know I don’t need the 75 Ohm version as such but who knows happens down the line …

Good luck. :slight_smile:

I just upgraded from the Queen to an Emperor Crown SE, thanks to Adrian’s generous trade-in policy on the Queen (100% credit). I also bought the Black River cable to go with.

Let me say this: I was very impressed by the addition of the Queen clock to my ER but this new model is in entirely another league. And it has yet to fully warm up. Earlier in the year, I spent a bunch on upgrading my DAC (to a Lampi) and on some ridiculous cables. The new clock just brings out the full return on investment.

So if you are an existing customer of AD, then my advice is to contact Adrian and ask him about the upgrade. Best money I ever spent.

2 Likes