Eversolo DMP-A6 To Topping DS90SE, then HQP. Possible?

Hi, currently I use Roon, on my PC, to play my Topping DS90 upsampled to DSD256, using HQ Player.

I have an Eversolo DMP-A6 coming tomorrow and would like to connect it to the above chain. The problem I would see is I don’t believe Windows 10 can connect two DAC drivers at the same time, so don’t see how I could connect the Eversolo to the Topping and still use HQ Player. Any advice?

You can connect the Eversolo to the Topping using coax and the HQplayer server to the Topping using usb

Sounds like John wants Eversolo and HQP in the same chain, not just two separate paths through the same DAC. Or maybe I’m not smelling what he’s cooking.

Any other solution seems impossible, only if Eversolo could run NAA but it doesn’t and it is Android based then it won’t ever be possible

yah that’s what I’m thinking too

Correct. I want to know if the Eversolo can be in the SAME chain as the Topping, plus HQ Player.

If not, I would question the need for me to have a streamer at all.

I would fire it up and see if you like how it works and sounds.

What are you streaming? (Tidal, Qobuz, Spotify, Amazon Music? Do you use the apps from the streaming services, or do you use Roon? Do you have local files on a computer/server in your house?)

I already stream Qobuz and Tidal through Roon, I also have 16tb of local files. Everything is run from my PC.

If it’s important for you to use HQPlayer, then you can’t use a streamer, which has’t included a NAA client and so the Eversolo doesn’t make sense for you.
For you a RPi, a SOtM, Holo Audio Red, … will be a better solution.

What is the point of wanting the DMP-A6 in the chain?

So it sounds like you use your PC as both your Roon core and your main (only?) endpoint.

If that works, and you like the sound, and you don’t mind the PC in/near your audio rack, then a streamer might be superfluous.

But if you want to separate the core PC from the audio stuff, then the streamer is the thing. (Or if you want another zone/endpoint.)

Plus, it MIGHT sound better. Or worse. See what happens.