Excessive hissing in some tracks but not others

I’m using a good HIFI system. From a few days ago I started to hear HISS in my system. Connected via Ethernet cable. With local Tidal connect software inside the Lumin U2 streamer.
After changing cables (Coax and USB) to DAC with no positive results, I found that the Hiss also appear in my iPhone IOS Tidal App and a HomePod via Airplay and sometimes in Lumin’s radio station.
It’s something about Tidal streaming with high res tracks in some music, Or maybe with my home network ?
as All my devices under the same home network (Fibers to my home and a Switch with simple ethernet cables to my devices. )
So maybe there is something related to my network quality ?
Changing Ethernet cables is a solution ?
thanks.

Do you mean you also hear hiss from HomePod speaker, in addition to your HiFi setup with DAC, amp and speakers?

When you use coax from Lumin to DAC, you must disconnect the USB cable.

Network does not cause hiss. Ground loop does.

1 Like

It appears in my Audio HIFI setup, Also from my Apple HomePod also from my internal iPhone speaker also from tidal website in my iMac
So in my opinion it’s not relevant to a specific device
Maybe something with my local network as all devices under the same network router.

If you can even hear hiss from internal iPhone speaker, and you suspect the network router or your local network to be the culprit, one way to check it is to turn your iPhone to cellular network instead of WiFi. Listen to the same Tidal track with hiss at the same Tidal quality setting. This will consume your cellular data.

For those tracks that you hear hiss, pay attention to the format: MQA Tidal Master / Hi-Res / 44.1kHz.

2 Likes

Thanks. As recommended, tried to listen to the same track on cellular far away from my house.
Same Hiss.
The Lumin and my home network is fine !
Contacted to Tidal.

Please list two tracks from different albums that you hear hiss from, and when that happens (minute : second), and the format of those tracks. Hi-Res / MQA / CD.

1 Like

16-bit 44.1khz Flac