Expansion of user profiles

There have been a few feature requests relating to user profiles. It seems an area of the software that is under-utilised at present.

My specific suggestion would be to have many of the settInge associated with user profiles. For example the ability to have different audio zones enabled on a per user basis would be ideal in the family situation where children have their own zone in their own bedroom. The kids could have a user profile where they are unable to control areas other than their bedroom.

Security has also been mentioned before and so having a difference between user profiles and admin level profiles would be handy where only some settings are available at user level and major changes to setups would need a profile with admin level access to change those settings.

I know the roon team are working on many things but multiuser environment goes hand in hand with a multizone environment.

12 Likes

I definitely agree with expansion of User Profiles.

For security of data, usability of different users & setting up specifics based on uses as Party, Guest and specific needs related to Genre etc…

I have done a lot of photography over the years and when using my high end cameras I set up Profiles for different shooting applications/types i.e Sports has a whole lot of presets and Landscapes has another.

So if applying the same to Roon we would have the possibilities of very specific profiles/presets for different Genre’s or situational uses like General Listening vs Parties vs Daily Living vs Office Work vs Serious anything.
This also would greatly benefit for all users.

So you have a User Profile and you usually have Presets. The presets set up are for the specific operating environment and the User has the access rights control & zone control lets say in Roon.

You could customise to whatever degree you wanted and just swap Presets. If you could not only have the Preset & Profile backup but being to be able to be saved separately then these Presets could be shared with the community via Roon app to Roon servers. Rather than have Roon any larger or with unwanted Presets with new updates, you could just downloaded from Roon Servers via your Roon app the Presets you wanted.

There could be a forum topic where you read what people have done & tested. A best Preset of the year could be awarded etc…

4 Likes

This is a feature, i need as well. Please bind the audio zones/ endpoints, that are available in the app to user profiles.