Expert Pro is finally Roon Ready

This sort of thing is totally frustrating! At least the Roon Air option is still working OK. I hope this is resolved soon for you.

@Paul_Williams Not sure this will help but check this thread regarding “Disable IGMP Proxying”…

Thanks, but alas my router is already set at IGMP Proxy disabled

@Ruud_Verrijk That’s a pity it didn’t solve your problem. Must be a deeper issue!

@support
Are we suppose to enable Multicasting (IGMP Proxy) or not? The Roon kb and support told me to enable it, and now support says to disable it? What is it, enable or disable?

norisRoon Labs: Support

17d

Hi @ToreB,

Have you made sure to enable Multicast Routing on the ASUS router as per our Networking Best Practices ?

– Noris

@Peter_Hancock
I have fixed my issue.

For anyone that experiences this issue, here is the rundown:

• When updating the firmware, the amp said all was successful.
  • I did not check the actual display to confirm (pretty bad as I’m an auditor and as we say “in God we trust, all the rest we audit”)
  • After the update I had no RAAT zone in Roon
  • I discovered that I was running the latest firmware but DOS was still on version 2.1.0
  • I loaded the DOS version by entering the IP address of my Devialet in my browser, choosing the upgrade DOS option and attaching the single dos_xxxxx file from the latest firmware zip file
  • After the update the DOS version now displays as 2.2.4 and it also shows the wifi IP address
  • The Roon RAAT output immediately appeared in Roon
4 Likes

Followed your steps exactly Heine_Streicher. Problem solved. I am so grateful for this solution after hours of frustration and dead end advice. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi all,

My Devialet Expert Pro 140 is still showing the “uncertified” sign. I’m running the latest firmware and OS on the Devialet and the latest version of Roon. I already rebooted ROCK twice and unplugged the powercord of the Devialet twice, but it still shows as uncertified. Also, a generic speaker icon is shown in the lower right corner instead of the Devialet amp. Any suggestions?

I’m running ROCK on a NUC7i5BNH and conncted via ethernet.

Kind regards,
Martijn

Hello @Melkboer,

I would recommend reaching out to Devialet for further assistance in getting your Expert Pro 140 updated. When the network firmware and DOS have been updated successfully, the device should show as “certified” in Roon.

-John

Hello Heine. Thanks so much for your post. That was exactly my problem with DOS still at 2.2.2 for some reason. Now all good.

1 Like

Hi @Melkboer

Have same issue, still showing uncertified with generic speaker, also on ROCK.

Expert Pro 140 all up to date with latest versions of everything, ROCK restarted, updated and reinstalled, everything powered off and on.

Otherwise works well.

Any further advice @john ?

For clarity this is what I see in Roon:

Roon%202

Note it doesn’t know it’s an Expert Pro 140, it just says Devialet.

@john Roon Core, ROCK and Devialet all running very latest updates, issue reported to Devialet but I am not convinced this is a one sided issue. Others, all with Expert Pro 140 and ROCK are experiencing the same issue. Please can you give Devialet a nudge to move this along.

Same problem with my 140 showing as uncertified. I also had your issue of Roon not identifying the amp as a 140. I turned it off and removed the power cord for a few seconds, reconnected the power cord and when the amp restarted Roon started showing it as a 140 so just disconnect your power cord and I think you’ll fixe that problem.

So far restarting Roon, rebooting my server, restarting my 140, and reinstalling the new Devialet firmware have all done nothing to stop the amp showing as uncertified for me.

Hi @john,

I just received word back from The Devialet support. They suggest to contact Roon’s support as, I quote, their knowledge on Roon is limited.

Regards,
Martijn

“Uncertified” was frustratingly persistent with my 440 too, for days. I finally powered everything down, rebooted my router, and slowly powered things back up which fixed it in my case. Also, see the post above where the Devialet DOS update didn’t complete for whatever reason. Good luck.

Anyone with a 140 still got the uncertified thing?

Yes. I’ve tried restarting Roon, restarting my server which includes restarting Roon after the server reboots itself, reinstalling the update on my Devialet, powering the Devialet off and removing it from power then restarting it, and also rebooting my router. None of those have worked and my 140 still shows as uncertified. The only thing I’ve had success with is getting the signal path to actually identify the amp as an Expert 140 Pro rather than just as a Devialet. Removing the Devialet from power and then restarting it fixes that problem (had to do that again after reinstalling the software update.

Despite showing as uncertified the RAAT connection seems to work extremely well. I can’t pick anything I could regard as a problem.

Went through exactly the same, reinstalls, restarted absolutely everything. Mine now also correctly identifies the 140 but still uncertified.

Devialet helpfully referred me back to Roon, so @John any more advice (pretty please)?

Still showing uncertified here to for my 140

@danny Some help please :slight_smile: