Explicit lyrics Affecting Enjoyment of New Music?

I am a 66 year old white guy who grew up in a lower class working family. Heard those words every day just was told not to say them. I have no problem if these guys choose to ignore that advice. Lots of music choices if we don’t like their approach we can go another way. That said I am not happy when they just drop them in for shock value but for me in the right song they can be completely appropriate.

2 Likes

I myself am fed up with lyrics of that kind. So my own radio channel is rated G - and yet i am able to play hiphop, hardrock, contemporary pop tunes, whatever - they are just hard to find.
I think listening a whole day without getting cursed at or being told horrible stories makes a difference.
So, sorry to advertise, Mother Earth Radio does it without f-bombs, give it a try! High-res 96k24bits, roon-ready.
Let me know should someone enjoy it.

1 Like

I have to follow up this interesting post with the shocking truth about one of my favourite bands: Steely Dan…
https://americansongwriter.com/behind-the-meaning-of-the-band-name-steely-dan/

1 Like

Brilliant. I think I heard this many years ago but this is a great write up. Thank you.