Export Playlist in 1.8?

New user here so forgive if this is just a noob issue…

I can’t find the export Playlist option anywhere in 1.8 (which is the only version I’ve had experience with). It is not in the “three dots” menu at all. Did this get depricated?

2 Likes

I have also spent an hour trying to find this, they would not have got rid of this as it is a key feature, does anyone know how to export playlists to excel in 1.8?

So I have discovered that export is available from the core server, but apparently not to remotes. That’s unfortunate, as the remotes are the portable devices for goodness sake!

Roon 1.8, not being able to export playlists is most disconcerting. One reason that I purchased your software was the ease of exporting playlists that performed manually can be most tedious and time consuming. Please address this with an update.

I am now able to export my playlists. Thank you Roon! I enter the playlist, click on the ‘three dots’ on the right of the screen, and click ‘export’. It’s working well.

Sorry, can we pull this apart a little? I’m looking for an exported spreadhseet of .csv with listing of local files (which I load into Subsonic for remote listening).

I’m finding that Roon can export redundant music files but I’ve lost what I’m looking for.

Hi,

I was able to export a playlist.
Note: All tracks need to be in your library if you want to export them. I use a win10 laptop. I was able to do this on a remote and also were the core is installed.

• Go to the playlist you want to export.
  • Use Ctrl + A to select all tracks on the playlist
  • An extra info bar pops up on top of your screen.
  • Select the 3 dots and there you will find the export function.
  • Click export and a .xls file will be created on your desktop.

Hope this helps you to get more out of your Roon.
Good luck, Frank

Doesn’t work for me, at least not for playlists created within roon. Works only for music listed in “My Library”. Playlist listed in “My Stuff” can not be exported, despite all tracks being in the library.

If you export a playlist to an xls by selecting all the tracks in the playlist, it will exclude the tracks from a streaming service (Qobuz) that have only been added to the playlist and not added to the library. Seems like this is a known issue or should I file a bug?

I am able to export a play list from 1.8 build 831 but the export is deduped omits the number of plays for each track. In other words of my playlist repeats the same track multiple times the export shows it once. Is there a way either to export the playlist without deduping tracks or, if it must be deduped can the number of plays be added?