Exporting albums from Roon via Soundiiz - Importing into Qobuz - Wind up back into Roon?

I’m not sure if this is a bug or intended behavior, but this is the scenario…

99% of my Roon library is FLACS - I exported a list of albums from Roon to load into Qobuz - I used the Roon export tool and created the Soundiiz formatted CSV

I loaded the file via Soundiiz to Qobuz - This created a ‘favorites’ record in Qobuz -

But then it turned around a created an additional record in Roon? It didn’t just create a ‘favorite’ but an actual album record, adding to the album count below…

to get rid of them, I thought I was pretty clever by creating a focus on the ‘Qobuz Library’ location and then did a mass a delete - it worked - , but then they just imported back into Roon.

I could see how it may be helpful if you mark an album as a favorite in Qobuz that it would update Roon, but maybe that should be an option? Also, I did find it strange it created an album record, and not just make a favorite - maybe you need the Qobuz album to tag as favorite in Roon and would be confusing if it tagged the original library FLAC version?

Anyway, is there a way to have a favorite in Qobuz, without creating an additional record in Roon ?

thanks!
pbg

Could you clarify what your intent was in doing this?

No, that is the mechanism by which Qobuz tells Roon which Qobuz albums should be in the Roon library.

1 Like

sure… I’m going to be traveling for an extended period of time - At this point for me, ARC isn’t quite stable enough of a solution. I have a Qobuz account primarily for purchasing FLACS and research. Those purchases no where near represent my library - loading those albums into Qobuz would allow me quicker access to the music I listen to while I’m gone…

…bummer… I was thinking that could be the case… I think it would be a nice option. Maybe default to adding it as favorite, but at least an option to remove them if the user chooses to? …Thank you for your quick response and help! …

You might post a Feature Request in the Feedback section.

1 Like

If you’re away from home and not using Roon ARC, it’s a non-issue. Why would you care that they are in your Roon library if you’re not using Roon? By the way, this is one of the main features of Roon to integrate your local files with Tidal and Qobuz into your Roon library.

So, when using Roon at home, use Focus to see the albums in your Roon library that you want to see. Away from home, and not using Roon ARC, it’s a non-issue.

Of course, you can disconnect your Tidal and/or Qobuz accounts from Roon and then delete them from your Roon library and they won’t return until/unless you reconnect them to Roon. I don’t know why anyone would do this.

Because I prefer maintaining a tidy database. I don’t need, and would prefer not to have two separate listings of the same album. It doesn’t matter if I’m home or not. I understand and respect if your feelings are different!

Yes, Jim - I understand and often take advantage of that functionality. The issue is, in my mind, is that if the album already is present in the Roon library, then maybe there should be the option of not creating a new, additional record of the exact same album -

1 Like

You can’t have one without the other. All 3rd party apps work the same way, they see your favourites in the chosen streaming service and will display them. As Roon is location agnostic they also become part of your Roon library. If you don’t want them in a library why put the albums as favourite in Qobuz to start with you can just find albums without adding them as favourites quite easily. You really need to decide whether you need duplicates of your entire library in a streaming service . I gave up on favourites some time ago and just find what I want to play from Qobuz.

You need to disconnect Qobuz from Roon. Just keep Qobuz separate from Roon and use Soundiz to populate Qobuz favorites from your local library in Roon. Use Qobuz for away from home listening. I do that with Apple Music.

Also, it’s not necessarily the same album. It may be the same title by the same artist, but it’s quite likely a different master and a different resolution.

Also, and I think you know this, the Qobuz albums in Roon are only links to Qobuz, not the albums themselves.

If I didn’t want to see both in my Roon library, I would not click on Show hidden tracks and albums, but I want to see both so I can choose which one to listen to.

that certainly is an option

could be… one of the fields that is exported is UPC number. I’m not sure, but would hope that the UPC would be unique to a certain release, but don’t really know?

I can assure you that different releases do not necessarily have different UPCs, just head over to the Discogs forums if there’s any doubt on that.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.