Failed to Initialize Audio Device (HugoTT2 DAC)

I am using ROON on an iMac Pro 2018 with a HugoTT2 DAC.
most songs I try to play through Tidal (Especially MQA tracks) fail to initialize the audio track, and I need to press and wait multiple plays until it finally initializes the audio and plays it. it also happens when I switch through other qualities of audio. Sometimes closing and opening the ROON app helps, but it is very frustrating and takes out all of the fun of listening to my music, not to say that I pay for the app and the tidal service. searched the net for solutions and can’t find one.

Is there anyone who knows how to fix this problem?

(The only thing I can think of is maybe buying a new USB-C cable through moon audio that will maybe help transfer data faster to the DAC. but I have a feeling there’s something else I can do)

Would very much appreciate any suggestion. thanks in advance, Eyal.

Unless rats had chewed through your cable, a different one, as long as both match the standard, will not transfer anything any faster or better.

There is still a possibility that the cable as bad, can you try with any other one (a $2 cable from a gas station will work just as fine though)?

Is the problem present only when playing through Roon, or also if you play Tidal directly?

Only through ROON

Would be helpful if you’d post your audio device settings and signal path then.

Wanted to Update that for some reason the problem fixed itself. jumping between different format/quality streams and ROON adjusts itself without fails. probably something in latest update. Thank you