Favorite album covers

Hey @Traian_Boldea, that album cover alone made me want to give the album a listen. The first track, “Morki”, just started playing. :+1: so far. Fits nicely with the still fairly early Sunday morning vibe here in the States. Reminds me of some Native American music that I enjoy. The next track “Hyäne” has a cool Middle Eastern vibe. Great stuff!

By the way, creating this post was a stellar idea. I’ve really enjoyed seeing all the beautiful artwork. And I’ve made other new finds just because I was inspired by the artwork. Thank you.

2 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

Screenshot 2022-12-12 at 09.25.54

Kikagaku Moyo - Stone Garden

4 Likes

Hey @Blair_Thornton, great rec, both artwork wise and musically. I’ve never listened to this particular EJ album before, but I’m about to. Thanks for the post. Btw, Roon tells us here that it’s been 8 months since your last post, so welcome back!

Hey @UliR, good morning, and I hope the problem you were having with your Sonos setup is still under control. I assume it is, or I would probably have heard from you already.

I wanted to point out something that you could do if wanted that would make your artwork posts bigger, and more vivid, and that’s to screenshot the album cover using your iPhone (or you could use your Mac or iPad or whatever as well). However, (as far as I know) that will require starting to play a track off the album. You can however easily crop the image to remove the track name, artist, etc. so you just save the album art. And then, if you don’t think it’s obvious, you could type in the artist and album name under the pic you post. As an example, Blair_Thornton’s post of that Elton John album, Captain Fantastic and the Dirt Cowboy, at least for me, is self-evident as far as who the artist is and which album it is. Plus, many people are just posting the album art by itself, which is perfectly fine as well.

Just something to consider. Obviously you can do whatever you want. I think I can speak for most of us and say we just appreciate you taking the time to post your favorite album covers here in this thread for all of us to enjoy.

Cheers!

1 Like

( X ) done :slight_smile:

1 Like

2 Likes

Yea, I’m not a regular Roon user. Once you get used to the play queue and playlist functionality of Audirvana, Roon will frustrate you. I love the sound and GUI of Audirvana above Roon. Better off Dead is one of my fav Elton John songs, it’s on Captain Fantastic.

3 Likes

Almost every ECM cover. Quite a signature thing.

4 Likes

Wow. Beautiful. You have to keep in mind that some of us are old and half blind, so we need all the help we can get!!

1 Like

Hey @Blair_Thornton that’s ok. There are tons of hybrid Roon-Audirvana users around, so no problem. But I don’t think Audirvana has anything like the Roon forums does it? I’m addicted now to things like this thread, and the music rec threads in particular, so don’t forget about us. It’s ok to be using Audirvana to play your music while you hang out here :wink:.

The album just finished playing, and I think I liked them all. :rofl:

For me, considering how long I’ve been alive, I have so many favorite EJ tracks that my mind can’t figure out how to rank them.

We hope to see you around again soon.

1 Like

I always liked this cover

9 Likes

Oh yes, yes, yes. It is superb.

I love also the cartoonish ones.

10 Likes

8 Likes

9 Likes

Cover art by Patrick Woodroffe

4 Likes

great, thank you