Favorites On Android App

How do find my favorites on the Android App? I can’t seem to find the “favorites” button.

Steven I cannot find that feature on Android or iPhone.

Looks like it is either an iPad only feature (on mobile) or is landscape only. I don’t have an Android tablet at the moment to test it on and my chromebook is currently out of reach

Regards

Mike

I can save a favorite on my Android phone, but I can’t find any place to view favorites. I can view favorites on windows, but not Android. I was not referring to bookmarks.

Steven there doesn’t appear to be a way to do this and I had never realised before you’re thread.
I do it on the iPad all the time but I just looked on my iPhone as well and not there either.
(Initially I thought you meant bookmarks but edited my post when I realised)

Regards

Mike

I usually control it on my Android phone. I’ll give it a try on my iPad.

Yes me too for probably 80% of my listening when not at a desk.
The iPad app is easily their best mobile client but it’s a pity they don’t have all the same feature set

Mike

Yes, me too

I’m pretty new to Roon, and trying to determine if it worth it. This is disappointing. I am a Windows/Android person, not a Mac/Ios person.

Thanks @BlackJack I have saved a small number of bookmarks, but now I know that favourites are not there, I suddenly miss not having them :roll_eyes:

Regards

Mike

Steven I am a mixed platform user, (but I work it IT so tend to have one of everything :roll_eyes:) and have no trouble with Roon on Android or Windows.

Roon is well worth your time as long as it does what you want it to do.
There is very little that I can’t do on Android or iPhone for most of what I do. The other platforms generally have a larger screen so you can do more with the interface.

The true pleasure of Roon is it’s music management features and integration with Tidal/Qobuz so you can’t tell what is yours and what is just available to play. I went my first year as a Roon user with no music service (besides my 35k track’s) and finally added Tidal HiFi when they offered 4 months for £4 at the beginning of lockdown. I suddenly understood what I had been missing.
The other great feature for me is the rabbit hole I get lost down when I start looking at the bio of bands and see other people that I know of and start listening to different music.

You might want to watch some of Hans Beekhuyzen introduction to Roon video’s as they give a good introduction to some of the powerful features of Roon (yes some of which do not work on Mobile, but all do on Windows)

Regards

Mike

2 Likes

This is not an Android vs. Windows issue. It’s a phone vs. tablet/desktop issue. The phone app - both iOs and Android - has fewer features than the tablet/desktop version. I get Play Favourites [sic] on my Android tablet.

1 Like

Stan I thought I had had that feature in the past on an Android tablet. I don’t have a n Android tablet at the moment to test it on

I do agree that it’s difficult to fit some of these features in a vertical mobile environment, but it would be nice to have a cut down version, even without the tag feature, which is my favourite feature within favorites.

Mike

Thanks for all the explanations. I’m usually controlling it by the device that is handy, which is usually my phone.

This is so disappointing; I’m new to Roon and love the capabilities, but I think for most music lovers, the Favorites is the first level of music selection… Even stating that, from the phone app you can tag favorites but cannot see / select / playback favorites is…absurd. A design flaw. As a UX developer, I cannot see the issue with adding the heart underneath the artists / albums / tracks. Or once artists / albums etc is selected, put the heart on the next screen. Plenty o room.
I bet that 80% of playback control is with a phone. It seems like, to see / play favorite tracks, I need a 10" tablet. Which is…absurd.

1 Like

I agree, the phone app is neglected in many ways and needs drastically improving. Heres hoping 1.8 brings some of this.

1 Like

Totally agree, I never normally even think about the feature set on phone as opposed to tablet or pc, but I have used tablet and pc much more over the holiday period and they are just so much smoother for digging into your library.

Mike

1 Like

Yeah, I hardly touch my phone for use with Roon unless it is basic playback. I don’t think I’ve added more than a handful of hearts in five years. Not the way I want to highlite my music. I will add a tag instead.

1 Like

Not sure if this helps, but I’m able to go to the desktop Roon app and create Bookmarks (“Add bookmark…”) for my favorite Artist, Albums, Tracks, Composers, and Compositions. Once created, I can access these bookmarks on my smartphones.

Thanks David there was another thread where we were talking about exactly that, and that is what I do as well. Not perfect but I have quite a few set up for exactly that reason.

Mike

1 Like