Favourite Live Albums?

4ZaanCB_d

3 Likes

BI9s55s_d

3 Likes

A new find, courtesy of Roon’s daily mixes. A fun and generally light-hearted gig showing off some phenomenal vocal talent.

1 Like

It’s pretty hard to pull out the favourite live album, but it’s one of my favourite live albums. Just a man with his guitar, very entertaining and political + social critical.
RoonShareImage-637712992824403344

2 Likes

i love this album. she sounds like Carole King in much of it.

1 Like

Glad you like it :grinning: I’m embarrassed to say that I haven’t actively listened to Carole King! Which album(s) would you recommend?

I came across this last week. I love the sound of intimate jazz and rock concerts and this one is no exception. Sadly only one track, And Then There Was You, is available! Why they wouldn’t release the whole album I can’t understand. I guess I’m going to have to learn to extract the audio from the Blu Ray release. . .

5 Likes

start with Tapestry.

3 Likes

I would suggest that the first three albums are a good place to start. All of them are a great listen…then move on to Laura Nyro :wink: :sunglasses:

Writer/Tapestry/Music.

2 Likes

Thanks @woodford and @Enough :grinning: Some new listening to look forward to as soon as I have a chance! :notes:

2 Likes

This is a fantastic album. The version of Powderfinger is worth the price of admission alone! :sunglasses:

13 Likes

Every version of Powderfinger, I love that song…

4 Likes

Again I’m not sure if it’s THE favourite live album in my library. But definitely one I do really love.
RoonShareImage-637732091106056812

3 Likes

My new favorite live album for 2021:

12 Likes

Another DVD audio rip that ranks highly in my book…

https://i.imgur.com/XCFHf7F.png

6 Likes

+1 !!! [quote=“Franko, post:342, topic:99082, full:true”]
y83PZlz_d
[/quote]

One of the very best of the very live albums ever made!

8 Likes

Amulet just won the album of the year award.
The label has it on special celebration offer; michael-moore-paul-berner albums special offer

Blockquote On Amulet, we have two talented Jazz musicians – Michael Moore on Clarinet and Paul Berner on Double Bass. Berner first appeared at NativeDSD with his band on a tribute to the music of John Lennon and Paul McCartney titled This Bird Has Flown.
Recorded with One Microphone by Sound Liaison’s Frans de Rond, Amulet is the kind of album that lends itself to this recording technique. Moore’s Clarinet takes the lead and Berner’s Double Bass follows along, with the two musicians participating in a very musical interplay. It is straightforward good music.
A pleasure to sit back and enjoy.

– Brian Moura

Blockquote"When I saw a video of the recording session I was immediately sold. There is one microphone set up. I repeat, 1 microphone.
On a chair Michael Moore has taken a seat, with his clarinet.
Nearby stands the bassist, Paul Berner. Two Americans who have lived in the Netherlands for a long time. They know each other, there is trust, you can see it, you can feel it, in the way in which,
in total relaxation, a magnificent dialogue unfolds, with few notes, but in such a way that every note hits, and much remains unsaid, precisely in the space between the melody and the bass line. You don’t have to explain everything, they know that, they have experience.
Moore & Berner have completed an entire album in one day, with songs from their native country. It’s about jazz standards, classics from The American Songbook, as it’s called. But also pieces that you wouldn’t expect to find on it, songs by Joni Mitchell, for example, or ‘You Never Walk Alone’. And Moore also contributed a few compositions. But they all get the same treatment. There’s something enchanting in them.
Listen for example to the standard ‘I never knew’, which they transposed to a different key so that Berner can play a cool bass line under it. And ‘Answer me my love’ is just another song that doesn’t lend itself to jazz at all. Yes, until Moore and Berner get involved!" Passaggio

1 Like

I’m a bit astonished this haven’t shown up before.
RoonShareImage-637772653761711998

16 Likes

Bought this on a school trip in 1975, from Cob Records in Porthmadog, Wales.
Still have it. It’s a great live document of the band at the end of their original era, before the sound started to change and become more subtly commercial.

Cob is amazingly still doing business. :sunglasses:
Cob Records - Wales’ Premier Record Store

8 Likes

Ice Ice Baby !!!

2 Likes