Favourite Live Albums?

and Paul Berner actually won album of the year twice as he is the bass player on this superb Monty Alexander album;
Monty Alexander
monty-alexander-love-you-madly-live-at-bubbas/

Add images

[quote="Peter_Apperup, post:359, topic:99082, full:true"] [quote="Peter_Apperup, post:340, topic:99082, full:true"] All Paul Berner albums for

the Sound Liaison label

are outstanding and they are all live in the studio recordings. Higly recommended;

https://www.soundliaison.com/images/PaulBErnerBandTBHF200DXDv3.jpg

https://www.soundliaison.com/images/Amulet200shadowDXD.jpg

https://www.soundliaison.com/images/PaulBandMilan200.png

[/quote]

Amulet just won the album of the year award.
The label has it on special celebration offer; michael-moore-paul-berner albums special offer

Blockquote On Amulet, we have two talented Jazz musicians – Michael Moore on Clarinet and Paul Berner on Double Bass. Berner first appeared at NativeDSD with his band on a tribute to the music of John Lennon and Paul McCartney titled This Bird Has Flown.
Recorded with One Microphone by Sound Liaison’s Frans de Rond, Amulet is the kind of album that lends itself to this recording technique. Moore’s Clarinet takes the lead and Berner’s Double Bass follows along, with the two musicians participating in a very musical interplay. It is straightforward good music.
A pleasure to sit back and enjoy.

– Brian Moura

Blockquote"When I saw a video of the recording session I was immediately sold. There is one microphone set up. I repeat, 1 microphone.
On a chair Michael Moore has taken a seat, with his clarinet.
Nearby stands the bassist, Paul Berner. Two Americans who have lived in the Netherlands for a long time. They know each other, there is trust, you can see it, you can feel it, in the way in which,
in total relaxation, a magnificent dialogue unfolds, with few notes, but in such a way that every note hits, and much remains unsaid, precisely in the space between the melody and the bass line. You don’t have to explain everything, they know that, they have experience.
Moore & Berner have completed an entire album in one day, with songs from their native country. It’s about jazz standards, classics from The American Songbook, as it’s called. But also pieces that you wouldn’t expect to find on it, songs by Joni Mitchell, for example, or ‘You Never Walk Alone’. And Moore also contributed a few compositions. But they all get the same treatment. There’s something enchanting in them.
Listen for example to the standard ‘I never knew’, which they transposed to a different key so that Berner can play a cool bass line under it. And ‘Answer me my love’ is just another song that doesn’t lend itself to jazz at all. Yes, until Moore and Berner get involved!" Passaggio

[/quote]

3 Likes

Always remember lynyrd skynyrd doing freebird on whistle test, was bloody fantastic.
This show as well as Alan Freeman and later Tommy Vance on the radio sent me to my local record shop with a list, every week.

Almost as bad an influence as the Roon music threads are now.

4 Likes

with the Metropole Orchestra

2 Likes

Love this one, it has the most beautiful version of Moon over Bourbon Street ever recorded.

Haven’t see The Police live, but I’ve seen Sting live.

Hope you like.

5 Likes

This takes some beating.

13 Likes

Surprised no one has mentioned this one yet - a great live record from my favorite Beatle.

7 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/9VKdbF5.png

2 Likes

2 Likes

Did anyone else catch their surprise live stream on Twitch of an old live gig the other day?

4 Likes

Needs no introduction really…

10 Likes

Missed the Twitch thing, the whole Twitch thing in truth. It might has well have happened on Mars for me :frowning: , but that’s a cracking album. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Grew up loving this album

Last orders, half past ten!

4 Likes

RoonShareImage-637837061854325541
RoonShareImage-637837058617454830
RoonShareImage-637837059232548994
RoonShareImage-637837059768222413
RoonShareImage-637837061368212967

10 Likes

I don’t think I mentioned this album yet.

7 Likes

Difficult to believe a couple of those aren’t on here already. Can’t believe I haven’t posted Before the Flood. Nice selection :+1:

1 Like

Can you believe this is 50 years old now…

7 Likes

Couple of live sets taken from the expanded edition of The Crack and and The Virgin Years.

RoonShareImage-637839710776659790

RoonShareImage-637839711859714792

3 Likes

RoonShareImage-637839724241077227

3 Likes

RoonShareImage-637839727222055187

2 Likes

This now a new live favourite of mine. Hope to actually see these guys in person one day.

2 Likes