Favourite Live Albums?

Not a live album but if you want audience interaction then have a listen.

Audience as choir

2 Likes

When talking about great rock live albums from the 70s, you have Kiss which launched themselves with Kiss Alive, Peter Frampton made double live album sales history, Thin Lizzy, mentioned earlier in the thread, had one of the greatest live rock albums; however, right after Thin Lizzy I would put this as one of the best live Rock albums.

11 Likes

John Ottway is insane live, not sure how you could capture the experience…

1 Like

I loved him from the first time I heard really free. The back of my neck hurts from smiling so much when I exit his gigs.

1 Like

Two of my favorites are:
Leonard Cohen - Live In London

Gang of Youths - MTV Unplugged Live in Melbourne

7 Likes

RoonShareImage-637206445419404400

14 Likes

RoonShareImage-637206445914402387

20 Likes

RoonShareImage-637206446463157286

6 Likes

4 Likes

IMG_0060

7 Likes

IMG_0058

10 Likes

The original version of The Who Live at Leeds was perfect, short sharp and snappy. The expanded editions are too much of a good thing for me, less is more…
Make a playlist of the original running order and you will see what I mean.

4 Likes

A classic if not THE classic live album.

3 Likes

The LP is a cracker.

3 Likes

26 Likes

IMG_0062 IMG_0061

7 Likes

10 Likes

A couple of more or less ‘fake’ live recordings now (!) Well, fake in that they were recorded in front of an audience, but in a studio not in a venue. The first one less so, because it’s right there in the title, the second one less so - they really pretended it was recorded in a venue called “The Club” (which is a real venue) but it too was recorded in front of friends and associates in the studio, to give it that live feel. Both are great!

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 17.05.07

7 Likes

Agreed, the other one that came to mind in this regard was DP’s Made in Japan.