Favourite Live Albums?

How could I forget that

17 Likes

I’ve always loved this.

3 Likes

late 70’s did seem to be the peak for live albums, although i always question how truly “live” they were. Regardless they were brilliant and came at the best time for me as a young teen.

1 Like

Oh a lot of them were “augmented in the studio”. In the 80s, I"d add Peter Gabriel’s Plays Live.

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

When “Waiting for Columbus” was released, I first heard it while in Dixie Stereo in Dayton, Ohio. This was the first time I knowingly heard Little Feat, and just stood there with a huge grin on my face! I walked out with a new Dokorder reel-to-reel deck and the album. I may still have it. (no turntable for 20 years, and sold most of my albums.)

This is another belter of a live album, recorded before the meteoric rise to glam rock stardom and shows just what a great live band they were… play it loud close your eyes and you are in the mosh pit.

The other gigs on the expanded edition do not come close in atmosphere to this. Like The original Who Live at Leeds… Perfection

3 Likes

This one because I was there:

And this one because I went to three of their gigs and was always astonished at their musicianship, sadly they are no longer recording:

Eels live albums have been mentioned already. Big fan of them live, try looking at their latest Souljacker version part 1 here, there’s a visual joke that just doesn’t work on an album:

1 Like

This one because I was there at the Southend Kursal gig

5 Likes

Saw PSB doing the race for space live at the Royal Albert Hall, fantastic gig.

RoonShareImage-637207174584456800

…of course.

21 Likes

12 Likes

Another cracker of an album

The Late Night Prom? I missed that but did go to the Natural History Museum rehearsal gig under the blue whale skeleton.

1 Like

That looks awesome BTW.
Yes the prom. TBH I did have a chance to see them at Glastonbury one year but got across the muddy mile to the tent too late and couldn’t get in so was really chuffed to finally see them do race.

1 Like

The problem with this thread and “what are you listening to” is time and my wife’s weird expectation of conversation.

1 Like

Agree great energy

1 Like

The studio versions of these songs seem flat in comparison to this live album.

1 Like

4 Likes