Favourite Live Albums?

Triggers

11 Likes

Ha, yes but I like mine better :wink:

2 Likes

Stop making sense was the first talking heads I ever saw/ heard so…
I am reading How Music Works by Mr Byrne at the moment.

1 Like

RoonShareImage-637207751281158930

Btw I’d love to have a decent recording of this Springsteen concert

9 Likes

I was in the audience for this one and I can see myself in my aisle seat when I watch the movie.

Edit: a much younger version of myself. :grin:

2 Likes

I have a ton of favorite live recordings, but this is my favorite of them all.

9 Likes

How great.

1 Like

Haven’t looked at every single post in this thread but is it possible we’ve made it this far without a single Grateful Dead concert!?

Too many to list and only a handful are on streaming services, but this one is, and Werewolves of London provides a fantastic closer that I can’t help but bop along to.

2 Likes

My son and I went to the Live 8 concert in London and you can make us out in the DVD.

You can spot my son ducking whenever the camera pans across as he was supposed to be pushing supermarket trolleys for his Saturday job - perhaps the superman T-Shirt wasn’t the best camouflage.

2 Likes

My first favorite (Allman Brothers at Filmore East) was already taken. And incidentally, is one of those ‘sort of live’ albums anyway.
This one is quite nice. First, it’s in Japan, and Japanese music fans seem to be the most conducive for live recordings. They know the music, they are energetic, and most importantly, they are not all yelling so they can hear themselves on the recording. But I digress…
The music is electric, and I think it’s these two at their peak, before Gabriela’s guitar percussion got her injured. There’s also a very real live feel to it. It’s like you are just off the front of the stage where the music is right in your face, but you can even feel the percussion of their feet on the stage and Gabriela’s percussion is right next to you.

8 Likes

3 Likes

How could I have forgotten about this album. It’s a monster if you like hard rock. There is an expanded edition now too.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Nice! Just added on Tidal - one unashamed Brubeck fan, here!

Folder

RoonShareImage-637209307353398550

UFO’s ‘Strangers in the Night’ will always be my favoriete live album. However that album is already named in this tread. So I would like to suggest a more unknown and very under appreciated album:

Iced Earth’s ‘Alive in Athens’. If you are into metal and you don’t know the album or the band check this out, you will not regret it.

2 Likes

Hi Henri! Sorry, I posted UFO on you.

It’s great that you did! That album deserves all the credit it can get. :+1:

How could I forget

9 Likes

I remembered about Köln this afternoon :slight_smile:

2 Likes