Favourite YouTube Music Videos

When I’m not listening to Roon, I enjoy browsing YouTube looking at music videos. I particularly enjoy finding great covers by “ordinary” people. This thread is to share some of my favourites and hopefully discover new videos that others like:

2 Likes

Not quite what you had in mind but I simply get a huge kick out of watching Jimmy Fallon cover songs with kids instruments. Here is one of my favorites:

https://youtu.be/lEsPhTbJhuo

1 Like

Ok more along the lines of what you are looking for. This is an independent artist I’ve been following for a while. BTW , she can be found on Bandcamp.

1 Like

More fine performances from my favourites:

1 Like

We love Fred’s house and have hosted them at out local Venue ‘Live at Little Rabbit Barn’.
We record all out gigs and mix them to CD quality with some fun video mixes too.
This is a great you tube video search.
Honey Ryder Landslide
And
American young are good places to start.

The opertunity to film these great performances is just so much fun.
Enjoy, Chris

1 Like

A few more:

1 Like

This is the best cover of Fleetwood Mac’s ‘The Chain’ that I think you will ever see and hear. From The Frankie Davies Band.

This is real special

I love the Grimes song (featuring Janelle Monáe) and video for Venus Fly:

https://youtu.be/eTLTXDHrgtw

Now live from Tomorrowland the Symphony of Unity with a full symphonic orchestra directed by Dirk Brossé. :sunglasses:
1 Like

Play it LOUD

Awesome artist and performance :sunglasses:

#RockAintDead

And now for something completely different…

2 Likes

@joel
What an awesome post - thank you Joel. I’ve long considered myself a huge Leonard Cohen fan, ever since my teens & thought I’d seen/heard most things Cohen. I even have a poetry book of his…However, I’ve never seen this! Sonny Rollins, Robben Ford, Debra Donkin et.al. what a cast.

Sonny an old fav of mine, not that I’ve played an album of his in a long while - all on vinyl, which is not in use currently. However, I’m not sure on first listen I get this collab. Leonard’s ‘slow burn’ mostly overshadowed by the virtuoso tenor sax playing of Sonny. I’ll continue to listen, it’s sort of caught me off guard.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Lock-down session :musical_note: :+1:

I’ve got some weird ones for consideration…

If you can look past the teenage bedroom production quality, the technical proficiency and songwriting competency of John Marek’s “Back of My Head” is very impressive:

There aren’t any words that can do justice to DJ Cummerbund mashups. “Don’t Stop 'til You Mash Enough” is a recent pinnacle, but I celebrate the man’s entire catalog:

And lastly, how good of a guitar player do you need to be in order to upstage Tom Petty, Steve Winwood, and Jeff Lynne? Prince shows us here:

2 Likes