Feature Request? Ethernet linking/bridging

Just advertisers playing with words… Ethernet is galvanically isolated, and the medical thing is for a special application (a direct lightning strike?). I won’t be buying one, but good luck to those who do.

2 Likes

If you don’t like, don’t buy!
Incidentally I used one of those medical grade isolators and it caused chronic dropouts on my network, plus it made my switch work really hard to determine what rate it was supposed to work at. I don’t know if there was a fault with the isolator (I swapped the switch out and it was the same) but I returned it and got a refund. As it was completely passive I am hoping an active device will do better.

Still here! Still hoping that ROCK and Nucleus will gain equivalence with other OS’s in this respect!

1 Like

@Henry_McLeod UpTone’s etheregen is out now maybe this will help or look at using a small router/switch like an edge router x in a second adapter on the Nuc

I was on the first run of the ER. A remarkable bit of kit.

So does it negate the need for such a nice feature? I have one shipping in the 2nd lot as does a friend of mine here.

I honestly don’t know. My server is on the A side, my streamer on the B side and it certainly makes a difference with my kit. I have no doubt there will be a lot of trial configs while people figure out what works for them. Or if indeed it doesn’t.

There are a couple of players out there who point to bridging and dual Ethernet as a reason to choose their product over a Nucleus now.

I’m going to bump this to give people an opportunity to vote on it if they want to. In light of the fact Roon OS 2.0 has been under discussion I think it is reasonable.

2 YEARS LATER

:flushed: time flies! Perhaps this feature can find its way into Roon OS 2.0?

1 Like