Feature request - initial volume level

Hello,

First of all, I want to thank you for your wonderful product, which I have been using almost every day for more than five years.

I’m missing one very important feature for me - the default volume level when playback starts. Both for a group of devices and individually.

Is it possible to add such a function?

Thanks in advance

Regards, Serge

I’ve moved your post into the Feature Suggestions category of the forum, since it is a feature request. Don’t forget to vote for your own suggestion by using the Vote button.

1 Like

I see that my proposal has not received any responses, let me try to explain why I need this.

I have several groups of devices, and some of them are also connected to TVs. Volume levels on each device are set to preferred. When I watch TV, I change the volume levels. And I would like to see Roon set them back to the default positions.

If you use groups of AirPlay devices, then everything is fine - the volume levels always retain their settings. But the sound quality of AirPlay does not suit me, even when listening to Internet radio. Therefore, most of my devices work using the Roon protocol. And the volume settings in this case are used the last ones set on the equipment.