FiiO KA17 + iPhone 15 Pro + ARC

My new dongle DAC from FiiO - the KA17 - arrived yesterday.

The KA17 is a great device that sounds just amazing. Works perfect with iPhone 15 Pro and ARC:

But this little unit is quit battery hungry :slight_smile: So I am looking forward to this little power bank:

Torben

You able to get ‘Lossless’ using hardware volume control build in KA17? This mode will give the best SQ without resampling/conversion.

I don’t quit understand your question. The above screen shots are taken with KA17 volume control.

Torben

It should look like this ‘Lossless’… Volume control is done by the two buttons of the device. I’m using iFi Go Bar.

Try to disable the software volume control and use KA-17 hardware volume (the two buttons) on the device to control.

Warning :warning: Don’t put your earphones into your ears! Try to see if hardware volume control can work. Some don’t and may revert to maximum volume and damage your ears.

If you disable “Volume leveling” in ARC it does :slight_smile:

Torben

@Torben_Rick :

You have enabled a couple of Roon DSP options (volume leveling, headroom adjustment, and crossfeed). This is why your signal path looks different from @MusicFidelity. There is nothing “wrong” with what you are doing, if it sounds good to you enjoy!

2 Likes

Great! If hardware volume control works this will give the best SQ. If you prefer DSP, then it requires sampling or conversation.