Has anyone tried to use the Fiio Ka3 with roon?
Using windows 11 the KA3 shows up in devices and can be selected but the play button is greyed out.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Maybee you need to install a Windows USB driver. I don’t know if Fiio provides a driver.
EDIT: Have a look here:
Did you go into Roon - Settings - Audio and enable it? And then, go into Device settings and set it up properly?
Yes, I use the KA3 with my two laptops:
- Lenovo 530 Yoga (8th gen Intel + now running W11)
- Lenovo X1 Yoga 3rd gen (8th gen Intel + now running W11) *But, first install Firmware 2.0.(1)
FiiO Community| FiiO forum| FiiO product official communication platform
KA3-USB DAC driver&firmwareFiiO Community| FiiO forum| FiiO product official communication platform
But, Rick allready gave you the end link. I included the FiiO site base should the community site link change.
- Yes, Rick is right that you need an USB driver from FiiO.
- After selection KA3 in settings/audio (use ASIO!) I tweaked DSP in roon to let DSD play native.
- IF (& only IF) your internal wifi is fast (I now have WiFi 6) you can play up to DSD 512. Works for me.
- I use KA3 with either Sennheiser 560s (single ended) or 660s (balanced)
With your help I managed to get it working.