File tag utilities

How do I do folder.jpg select three dots to top left of top most window only one dot is visible.

The Audio Properties tab.

A (very useful) Windows shell plugin that is part of the dBpoweramp suite (the Audio Properties tab).

2 Likes

That’s one of the things we baked into puddletag, but we went further than that. You can select a field across a contigurous or non-contiguous set of set of files/records and double click on any in the selection to have that value cascaded across the entire selection, or just start typing a new value.

@evand - just want to tip my hat to you since I have been using Puddletag extensively lately and found it to be extremely powerful and reliable. Thanks for your good work!

1 Like

No longer able to edit this post so should add DB-Poweramp/ Perfectunes does allow editing of metadata of DSF files. Checked forum simple solution of copying as dll from one folder to another. For me DP-Poweramp/ Perfecttunes has paid for itself many times. Glad to see other options exist for editing metadata.
https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?40082-dsf-tag-editing-in-PerfecTUNES
While puddle tag looks interesting it does not support Windows.

Just to let you know there’s a Python 3 + QT5 update that’s now substantially complete so puddletag will be around for a long time to come. Whilst not 100% complete I’ve been using it without issue for a few months. It can be pulled from github and once development is completed it’ll b be moved to the main puddletag branch, replacing the current Python 2.x + QT4 release.

Excellent news! Thanks for the heads up @evand. I’ll give it a whirl this weekend.

Puddletag sounds like a children’s cartoon character. “In today’s episode Puddletag and Python break Mr Github’s window playing cricket”

Renamer was written by Albert Bertilsson in 2002" and the website link is no longer valid. Believe it or not, the program continues to work perfectly in Window 10, just as it did in all other versions of Windows since 2002. A tiny little program that does one thing and only one thing but does it really, really well. And it’s not a resource hog. The best kind of program.

I’ve been using a free utility called, strangely enough, Bulk Rename Utility, on Windows for more than 16 years, and it is still maintained. It’s powerful, yet easy to use. It’s one of the reasons I never bothered to learn much about regular expressions.

What I hate about PerfectTunes is that it is solely music library oriented. I have to manually edit the location of my “music library” if I want it to scan a specific directory-tree. As such, I find it very cumbersome to use. I just leave it pointed to the directory I send my rips, after all, why should I need to run it repeatedly on my music library unless I’ve had some sort of incident that has changed the files unintentionally?

As for paying for dBpoweramp; one only needs to pay the upgrade fee for major releases, not repurchase the software.

to each their own.
I have mine spread out flac, hires (for dsd files) lossless (wav) and separately the digital music I have paid for. Now at 3300 albums and not a single thing I have ripped with DB poweramp has a sound quality problem. I have had to replace or borrow more than a few CD’s on the way as there were not ripable (damaged) All the wav files in lossless directory were ripped by a friend no names, no meta data 500 albums or so. Perfecttunes figured it all out but 5 and those Shazam ID’d. Anyway those five albums it allowed me to also edit metadata once ID’d. It also ID’d several albums that had ripping problems with dropouts or tearing sounds. This was at least 8-10 years ago. So when I find a good thing I stick with it.
Of stuff thats ff’d up I downloaded I right click in windows explorer I fix metadata including DSD’s.
Embeds album covers in my DSD’s and Flac files so when I play in my truck the album cover is shown.
Buy every upgrade says the guy who swore he would never pay for software.
All hail illustrate.
PS
I must have been baked or drunk when I wrote that LOL
Highly recommend plextor drives PX-891saf

1 Like