File tags - album subtitle / subname

I am preparing local collection to properly import it to Roon and have some issue with tags.Some albums will have CD1 and CD2 with a subname. For example two cd album ‘Destination Lounge: New York City’, has CD1 subtitled ‘Relax’ and CD2 ‘Revive’.
What tag should I use for subname for proper displaying in Roon. I used “WORK” for that but I lose track numbering that case.

There is no support for individual disc names or covers for multi-disc albums (a.k.a. boxsets) in Roon.

???
WORK usually does nothing without PART and has no influence on track numbers. There is an option Show track numbers on album page in Settings|General that defaults to Off.

1 Like

Well understood. But what I can do that case?

What case? Does having a disc subtitle at hand give you any benefit?
If so, you can put the tracks into individual playlists named by disc sub-title or use Roon tags.
If it’s only for having the information stored somewhere and being able to look it up when interested, put it in the COMMENTS tag.

See also: https://community.roonlabs.com/search?q=boxset%20title%20category%3A12

1 Like

You can list it as a boxset with no separate disc titles or list each disc separately - no connection between them. Just as background, there is a whole group of Roon users screaming for better box set handling but Roon hasn’t quite tackled it yet.

1 Like

In my case I do not mean box set, just a albums which has additional subnames for each disc.

Which absolutely makes no difference. Multi-disc album, Sampler, Boxset, …, no matter what it is / how you might call it, individual disc titles for multi-disc albums are not supported in Roon at the time being.

1 Like

Feel free to read also this post or the whole thread it’s out off and which already discusses the same question:

1 Like

In Roon’s case, they don’t differentiate between 2 discs with one main name and a sub-name for each disc and what we would consider a box set. If you think about it; it is the same, just a matter of how many discs. Roon doesn’t handle them well right now. But for a set with 2 discs, Roon’s handling won’t be a problem if you don’t want the sub-names to show. When it really gets irritating is with more than a few discs, since most people don’t memorize their sets by disc #.

1 Like