Find / Choose Roon Core (OSX -> Linux)

All you need is 2x OSX preferably different version and different NICs. I’ve tried this with 3 different switches --one of which is most likely a hub sold as a “switch.” I get the same results with varying permutations, including cores on Linux and cores on different hardware.

The test case in Diagram 2, which I’ve provided timestamps for, is untainted. That test case does not involve any OS or network gear involving proxying, VLAN tagging, or VPN. I get the same results.

Run this by a network SME. I’d be willing to provide pcaps as well.

I’ve worked with hundreds of cases similar to this and believe very strongly this qualifies for Level 3 attention.

My summary so far is: Of the 5 clients I intend to use regularly, 3 are outliers and function with workarounds (restarting wifi/NIC), leave client running). This might be as-expected based on the fluctuating integrity and ephemeral nature of streaming software. I see justification in subscribing for a year but must proceed with caution.

Your UI and DSP have brought my local library back to life. That’s most awesome --but I hope you can work some of these corner cases and offer some transparency to the stack. I’m still all ears regarding details on how your discovery works. Sure, I could figure it out myself but it’s summertime in CA and I want to just listen to music after a 12 hour day of working on other tech issues.

Hello --Anything on this? Were you able to repro in QA?

Hi @Me_Van,

Unfortunately QA has not been able to reproduce this issue, nor have we heard any other similar reports.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.