Find Songs By Lyrics

You know how sometimes you only remember a few lyrics from a song and you can’t remember the artist or song title?

Wouldn’t it be pretty awesome if you could just type a string of lyrics into Roon’s search bar and the search results included songs with those lyrics?

Rather than switching to google or another search engine, i think this could all be done natively in Roon since many songs already have integrated lyrics in Roon. This would give roon such an integrated feeling. Not to mention it would offer brand new ways to discover music. It would be so cool to type in an artist’s name and see all of the other songs where artists name-drop that artist in their lyrics.

I can acknowledge this would expand the search space dramatically, so it might be easier said than done to do this efficiently. Certainly it is possible though.

As Roon search has issues just finding albums, artists etc I think this is beyond the beyond

Haha, that’s a fair point. I’ve definitely experienced some of those more fundamental issues with search as well. Still fun to dream though.

Maybe this feature could add a little excitement to the potential of search in Roon and add a little motivation towards solving those more fundamental issues with this end in mind.

1 Like

A web search can help.