Finding classical music

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Not relevant to my question

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Not relevant either

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Also not relevant

It is always difficult to find classical music. Take the opera Carmen. You list 1360 different items, but most of them are just a small piece of no more than a few minutes, whilst the Opera is hours long.
When I try to find a particular performance, I can search on date, popularity, performer etc. Why not adding ‘length’ to the possible search items? I would get automatically the full opera on top !

1 Like

There have been many posts on this, going back years. It is better to raise them as feature requests because support requests will be eventually closed after 365 days of inactivity. For example:

There was an attempt to collect together all long-standing Classical library management feature requests in a single post, including Composition search

Some of these requests are 5 years old but at least feature requests don’t seem to be closed due to inactivity. I always thought an additional filter to sort on composition length was a good idea as well. Maybe this post or similar could be explicitly added to the Classical feature request compilation?

1 Like

Having a filter by composition length would certainly be useful, and shouldn’t be difficult because according to Roon’s description of its metadata model the Composition object has a “Nominal length” field, so Roon has the necessary information. 1.8 is imminent so I live in hope.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.