Fire USB passthrough to DAC

Fire Max 11 is a great Roon remote, low price, made better with USB offload to an external DAC & headphones. Please can I seek advice on how to achieve full passthrough?

Using the Amazon version of Roon Remote…

I get this, for all source content:
Roon Resample @96/24 > RAAT > Fire 11 USB > Mojo (@96/24)

I want this, ideally:
Roon Passthrough @NATIVE > RAAT > Fire 11 USB > Mojo (@NATIVE)

I understand that FireOS is forcing the resample over USB, but is there some way to achieve what I want, eg in Roon audio settings for the Fire 11, or by tinkering with tablet settings (eg Developer Options, sideloads,…) ?

Could a sideload like this help? Or could equivalent be achieved with Roon Remote?

And an update from my end … The Fire HD 10 Plus has been stellar so far. Contrary to what the OP did, I installed Google Play Services and from there I installed USB Audio Player Pro … With the Anker Wireless Dock handling charging and UAPP handling streaming BitPerfect into my Questyle CMA Fifteen I have all the freedom to enjoy 24/192 streaming from Qobuz, Full MQA from Tidal and all the way up to Native DSD512 from my local library. All because UAPP bypasses the android audio limitations on the Fire HD 10 Plus and offers full hi-res capabilities on the USB-C output to my DAC.

You cannot, Roon does not support bit perfect on Android. Never has. As most Android Os still resample themselves under the hood Roon does it automatically as it’s better at it. There are countless threads asking for bit perfect on Android please add your vote to one of those.

UAPP is its own independent app you can’t use it with Roon. It gets around Android resampling by using its own usb drivers. Roon doesn’t do this, only on its mobile version ARC which is still very buggy.

1 Like