Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS.2.2.6 released

Dropouts. They were very regular with upsampled music before, they seem more random and less frequent now.

Just updated to 13.2.0 / 2.2.6. Swapped back to gigabit ethernet and started an 8 minute 96kHz/24Bit track playing. It played perfectlyā€¦ for nearly 7 minutes and then hit a 20 second dropout. Roon continued to show it playing and after 20 seconds the music resumed.

So yes, a nice improvement over the ā€˜audio files loading slowlyā€¦ā€™ and frequent music start/stops but any dropouts are really not acceptable. Iā€™ll likely reinsert my 10/100 switch for now.

I have seen quite a few reports of dropouts by non-Devialet Roon users posted here in the Roon forums so I am curious to know what the typical cause of the dropout might be or if this is still clearly still a Devialet issue.

Yes hopefully @danny knows more.

Played 192khz/24b content for few hours, not a single issue or drop. This would have not been possible with previous FW version. You may be indeed facing another bug with similar signature and lower frequency.

Anybody tried ā€œSweet Roomā€? I spent some time with REW, a UMIK-1, and a text editor today, and the results are stunning!

What did you use to analyze your room to identify what frequencies to adjust ? Iā€™m excited to try Sweet Room.

Iā€™ve put together a short guide here: https://pbxbook.com/other/devialeteq.html

I hope it helps :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Very nice Thank you. Silly Question, do you really want to measure your room from your listening position so the adjustments make that spot the ultimate sound? If moving the Mic around the room your finding hot spots that may or may not end up affecting the sound at your listening spot, please donā€™t crucify me as Iā€™ve never ever thought about room EQ before and most likely have it all wrong :slight_smile:

Also in your samples, the EQ files are all zeros, would be nice to see a finished product.

So bottom line all I need to do is buy the mic and download the free REW s/w

I think the idea is you take a few measurements in and around the listening position and average them, because you donā€™t sit still in a straight jacket. The templates are zeroā€™s, those are what youā€™re going to use with your filter values - my files are in the screen shots above. Yes, download REW, and buy a mic.

I like that idea, optimize for the listening spot, then I can just turn it off for full room listening. And again thanks for the nice work, I need to go order a mic.

Mike, thanks for the documentation. As I played the Roon sweep file, I also got the same sweep file coming out of my computer, so obviously not good. Were my settings incorrect?

Answered in a PM.

1 Like

My Devialet still has dropouts after the new firmware and dos. If I want to use Roonready I can only use it with a 100mb switch before the Devialet. How hard can it be to fix this problem properly.

Iā€™m running DOS 2.2.6 and so far am not having any dropouts, but I donā€™t think I had any prior either, as Iā€™m using a 1 Gbit swtch/router, I am curnently testing an etherRegen which has the 100mbit output, but I donā€™t like the sound with it as much. Iā€™m a 220, is the issue only with the 440 or Mono setups?

I use a 250 pro with CI. And it only occurs when I use it with Roonready.

The problem does not depend on the Expert Pro model: they all use the same network card and the same software. The nightmare would be a hardware problem (network card)ā€¦

True, while quite unlikely given this is pretty mature technology. Anyhow I would still call for a review of the schematics if I was at Devialet, given how long this bug has been on the table-)

Iā€™m still getting the dropouts but far less frequently than before and not at all with 16bit music. But, I did have a strange, one-off issue the other day. My Roon RAAT zone to my Expert Pro just disappeared. I restarted Roon but no change. It wasnā€™t until I power-cycled my Expert Pro that it came back. Never seen that before and havenā€™t been able to reproduce it.

French gremlins! :rofl:

1 Like

Itā€™s a pretty hard problem to fix apparently. I had a Beta version of firmware that didnā€™t fix it for me but it did for the guy who sent it to me. mdconelly got another version that didnā€™t work for him. Now with the new version itā€™s working for me but not for mdconnelly.

I wonder whether thereā€™s a simple solution to this. One that says 'we used these products and these cables and it works 100%. Then everyone can just buy those products and be done with it.

A dealer and mate of mine uses Pakedge, which is a professional brand, and he never runs into problems. Itā€™s expensive though, and it needs to be installed by someone with more than average networking knowledge.

2 Likes