Firmware 16.0b: watch out for 100 percent volume

I just upgraded the firmware on the Lumin app to 16.0b. Out of an abundance of caution, after an upgrade, I always check to see whether the maximum volume control remains at my preferred setting of 80 percent. Unfortunately, with this upgrade, maximum volume control reverted to 100 percent and Leedh Processing was turned off. Not sure whether that will be your experience but you may wish to check your settings after the upgrade.

1 Like

Thanks Michael, just updated, fortunately no problems :+1:t4:

1 Like

Maybe it was a one-off for my setup. Glad it didn’t occur with your upgrade. Some time ago, I nearly blew my speakers after a firmware upgrade that changed actual volume output to 100 percent, so now I always check my settings after an upgrade.

1 Like

I have had similar issues with ios devices controlling Roon….Max volume. :flushed:

1 Like

Please factory reset your unit in Lumin app About X1, then set the various settings, especially volume, again.

Peter, I manually adjusted my settings and all is good. Are you suggesting a factory reset to avoid such a problem in the future? Plus, I’d rather not factory adjust, as I believe I would lose the playlists I have set up on the Lumin app.

Factory reset only clears the current playlist on Lumin hardware. Playlists that were saved to Lumin app device are not affected, they could even have synced to iCloud or Google Drive.

1 Like