FLAC tag to disable volume leveling

I can’t find a FLAC vorbis tag that can be used as a c control for the volume leveling (or replay gain) function.

It is my understanding that the only control for volume leveling is in zone settings, where leveling methods of: Off, Auto, Track, Album are available to configure. There may be cases where leveling a specific release produces undesirable results. Therefore, it would be nice to have a persistent control to disable volume leveling for that album (or even a track). This could be a setting in the Album Editor > Edit Album section, or it could be something defined in a custom ROON tag like [ROON_]VOLUME_LEVELING_{ALBUM,TRACK}=OFF

Take a look at this help guide, which lists supported file tags.

One way to disable volume leveling for individual files could be to add/change the REPLAYGAIN_* tags so that it would result in no change in volume, then configure Roon to use those tags:

As a further “hack”, I wonder if there is a specific value for the REPLAYGAIN_REFERENCE_LOUDNESS tag that can accomplish the same result to deactivate leveling without mangling any existing REPLAYGAIN_* {GAIN,PEAK} tags.

Some (including myself) may have the “REPLAYGAIN_* tags override Roon’s audio analysis” setting disabled as it’s possible that not all tracks are tagged with REPLAYGAIN tags. And as such, I suspect that “REPLAYGAIN_REFERENCE_LOUDNESS” doesn’t even apply when that setting is disabled.
Does REPLAYGAIN_REFERENCE_LOUDNESS apply when only using Roon’s audio analysis, or is there some other tag that can be used to similarly influence Roon’s audio analysis based leveling?

This is a minor ask as a feature suggestion. Maybe the best and only option at this time is to just turn off leveling temporarily for the zone when listening to specific albums where one wants to experience the full range of dynamics of the tracks on an album with varying loudness.

It seems to me the only thing REPLAYGAIN_REFERENCE_LOUDNESS does is to change the reference target of -18dBFS. I doubt there’s a secret value that disables volume leveling - or that causes it to malfunction in a way that effectively disables it.

BTW, it looks like you haven’t voted for your own feature yet.