Folder Laytout (searching by folders) + Tidal tagging

good morning. i am your off and on user.
I come back from time to time to check if you have provide the classic folder layout for searching for songs. I currently use Matrix mini i3 pro which works fantastic with roon. I am satisfied with the quality of your product,
but sadly I will return to audirvana studio because of the ability to search for songs by catalogs and better tagging.
Having trouble tagging tracks with tidal. On audirana or usb player pro on android, the tidal names of the artist and songs are displayed to me.
With Roon there is a problem.
I listen mainly to electronic music, where I usually have dj sets with each song by a different artist. there are also descriptions of the remixes. roon treats it all as one artist and does not display song descriptions (for example name of other artist remix) only on the roon it doesn’t display everything as it should.

can i count on you to solve this problem in the future and introduce searching by folders ?

I’ve lost count of how many times Roon Labs have said that folder browsing/searching ain’t going to happen. You’re flogging a dead horse, I’m afraid.

1 Like

thanks. it’s ridiculous to me. I don’t believe it’s hard to implement. The benefits of ratt streaming are huge, but due to the lack of this folder searching solution, I’ll stick with usb dac and audirvana. I need a folder solution due to the nature of my music collection.

Don’t bother coming back again. Roon will never implement folders.

You miss the point. It isn’t a question of effort and technical know how. Roon wants to be seen as a musical experience, not a computer experience.

Glad you’re not in charge.

No, don’t ask again.

BTW - I’m not a Roon principal. I’m just a user that’s tired of the whine about folders. Move on.

1 Like

Sounds good, sounds like you have found one. Glad you have what you’re looking for. I too have what I’m looking for.

It’s not, and nobody said it was. Roonlabs is against it because of design reasons, they think it is an inadequate solution and encourages practices that are detrimental to their vision in the long term. Search the forum for folder browsing and you will find lots about it. E.g., here:

You may agree or not, but software needs a consistent design and this is the choice they have made

2 Likes

I have 3 different applications pointed at my music library to do what I want when I want. I am fickle and like options.

One pulls lyrics and album art. that’s it. I never even listen with it.

Use the tool(s) that makes you happy.

2 Likes

And quite the ambassador.

You can use your folder structure to help maintain file tags. There are many file tags that Roon will read in to help organize your files.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.