Four-legged acoustical treatments (Post your critters! :) ) [2018-2022]

@AceRimmer I’m OOH, but those are some great shots of your cats! Bravo!

1 Like

Another night music listening, and yet again I’m being ignored

14 Likes

Forgot to feed her.

25 Likes

My usual companion has left me and my daughter’s toy husky is now tonight’s 4 legged acoustical treatment. This one still ignores me.

14 Likes

My lap kitty at the moment (Atticus), sharing my beat-up old leather chair with me while I surf the Roon threads and listen to the great recs of my Roonie buds. Lewis I caught your cool post in the background. Happy Sunday to all!

25 Likes

Happy Sunday (evening) to you @kitated and all.

1 Like

I’ve now been graced with her ladyship’s presence.

21 Likes

I’ll have to get Bertha the Bear out of the cupboard as I don’t have a live 4 legged one :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Disclaimer: After a neck operation many years ago my physio recommended I sleep clutching a pillow , my lippy wife bought me a giant teddy bear to use instead — Bertha

4 Likes

“vacuuming is so scary!”

25 Likes

25 Likes

Adorable cat and love the white KEFs in the background!

To everyone who has a cat. I have a question. My daughter’s dream is to have a cat someday. But I am of course an audiophile. My biggest fear is that the treasured B&W speaker I’ve had joys and sorrows for over 20 years with him will take the place of sharpening my nails. But I also want to cherish my daughter’s dreams. Any advice would be appreciated.

1 Like

My daughter wanted a cat. I didn’t. We compromised. We got a cat.

7 Likes

Little girls and cats…are a thing. A cat is an important milestone in learning to care for those dependent upon us. There are things you can buy, like scratching posts to which the cats can gravitate rather than your grill cloth. But you ultimately will decide which you value more. There is no right answer; it is all emotional.

5 Likes

Get a new cat, then when the cat’s gone, if necessary, get new speakers :slight_smile: I believe keeping pets is good for kids so :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Interesting…
We have 5 cats right now and 2 sets of floor standing speakers.
Not one of the present menagerie or any of the previous cats have ever shown the slightest interest or inclination to scratch the speakers or the grill covers.

Not sure if it’s really a thing or just a big urban myth.

I know @7NoteScale has a lot of rescues in and out, be interesting to hear his experience.

6 Likes

I found a very tiny kitten on the street, took her home, and she destroyed a pair of Apogee speakers.

I rescued a cat who used Fender tweed cases to sharpen her nails.

I adopted one who destroyed two very expensive chairs.

I learned to keep things in places that were not cat accessible. I have areas of the home where cats cannot go.

My opinion on any topic is largely meaningless, but I care more about my kids having a fulfilling life with cats, dogs and horses than I do the material things in my world.

Some of the pet losses were horribly painful. I felt that objects can be replaced.

15 Likes

My kids are now both in college with one of them graduating this year. They grew up with dogs. They helped feed them and care for them. The dogs were always there for them - especially during lockdown.

About ten years ago, I actually did get a scratch in a B&W floor-standing speaker in a dog-related incident. I forgot about that until this minute. I sold those speakers a few years ago - with the scratch - when I upgraded to the much nicer speakers I have now.

One of my dogs died a few weeks ago. It was heartbreaking for our family. We all miss him every day. I almost never think about those speakers.

Get the cat. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

I have had four cats near my speakers over the years. Two of them never touched the speakers or grill cloth. But two did scratch the cloth. It depends on their personality, I guess.
I still love cats.

4 Likes

Based on my experience with animals and 3 daughters, get rid of the kids. Nothing but a big pain in the butt.

Ooops, auto dictation was on for that.

I had floorstanding speakers, 2 cats and 7 dogs when I stayed with my mother when she was very ill. the cats were fine with the speakers as they already had their toy area.

I agree animals are good for kids. Our Kacie is our pet, but she’s a family member first and my girls love her.

6 Likes