Four-legged acoustical treatments (Post your critters! :) ) [2018-2022]

I had bookshelf speakers on stands and a cat. The cat jumped of course up to sit on top of the speaker. While doing so she also put her claws in the midrange speaker and smashed the tweeter.
The lerning of this is to put something on top of the speaker so that the can’t jump up on the speaker.

2 Likes

How do cat lovers get past the “cat smell”?

1 Like

Today’s automated litter boxes and/or use of Fresh Step litter (from Chewey), there is absolutely no odor. We are on subscribed shipment of the litter and food (solid). There are automatic feeders if one is away from home that can be triggered via the internet, and some have cameras so that you can check on their well being during the day.

2 Likes

Do the cats always pee in the liter box? I think cat urine on wooden floors can ruin a house.

1 Like

Amen.

There are no free rides on the Love Train :sob:

3 Likes

Same question about my teenage son. Any suggestions?

7 Likes

Get him a litter box? Send him off to college?

3 Likes

Cats smell?
I always thought that was just Mrs.Rimmer…

5 Likes

Cats use a litter box from shortly after birth. It is programmed into them. They seek to cover their trail (from predators) by eliminating in litter and then covering it up. They actually “agonize” when they feel they are not doing a good job. It is possible that some cats become confused (if their litter box is not maintained) or when they have a UTI. I miss having a dog, but our rescue cats are the cleanest little beings. They not only clean themselves, but they attempt to groom their owners. They are also extremely low maintenance…and often incredibly funny.

7 Likes

Hadn’t considered the first suggestion but I’m not sure you’re completely understanding the issue.

I tried the second one. He keeps showing up with bags of laundry asking for food.

5 Likes

Move and don’t leave a forwarding address?

6 Likes

I fixed that problem by sending my daughter to college in Hawaii…we live in Florida :joy:.

3 Likes

Thank you very much. Cats have learned to make their owners feel generous.

We’re in Washington. One of ours is 15 minutes away. The other one is in Pennsylvania. Getting back to the intent of this thread - our dogs have been a big incentive for getting that one to come home and visit. That, in itself, is a pretty decent justification for having a pet :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Agreed.
And my daughter proved she is a chip off the old block by adopting two cats herself in Hawaii.
Bless her and them.

6 Likes

My son went to Sydney, AU for his MBA. We live in Atlanta. One day, the front doorball rang and there he stood. We almost fainted. He was on the way to Duke to play rugby. Some sort of world MBA rugby tournament.

3 Likes

Actually happened to a friend of mine during the summer between freshman and sophomore years. He went home from school and his parents forgot to tell him they moved to a different neighborhood; apparently told his sister, but not him. Great story AFTER the fact.

4 Likes

Chase them out of your garden , we have a parrot so cats aren’t particularly welcome , next door’s seems to have adopted our garden for its ablutions . We even found it wandering in the house

It doesn’t like loud noises or big sticks (not serious :smiling_imp:, I’m a lousy shot anyway so no cats were harmed in the chasing off of this critter)

No get rid of the cat , its a menace :smiling_imp:

All this talk of litter boxes :flushed: just dig and maintain (Clean) an area of the garden and your cat(s) will use that. Litter trays are for when the moggie is unwell, we’ve had moggies for 40 years and never had a permanent litter tray installation.

3 Likes