Four-legged acoustical treatments (Post your critters! :) ) [2018-2022]

Not too bad really.
Two lots of medication, one for pain and one that is steroid based to help with the actual old age arthritis.

I know that feeling well myself!

She’s a tough old girl, but I will not see her myself until late tomorrow so will see if any improvement from the meds.

9 Likes

Glad to hear, safe trip back and happy reunion tomorrow

1 Like

Autumn is underway here in rural Victoria, Australia. As the seasons roll around, so do Sid’s favourite places to while away the day. Whilst my lap is a perennial favourite, the frequency and duration increase inversely to the prevailing temperature.

He is properly happy and is currently a dead-weight.

24 Likes

This is Jagger who loves his sweet spot when I’m working in the office and listening to some tunes…

23 Likes

He looks like an excellent puss.

2 Likes

Thanks Tel, Jagger has become quite acclimated with his adoptive home since I first acquired him from my veterinarian. As a kitten, he hid most of the day in the most unlikely places for several weeks after I brought him home. The vet suspected that he may have been mistreated before he was left at his practice doorstep. But he has truly blossomed and become my favorite listening buddy over the years.

7 Likes

Awesome shot! Our cat likes to recline in the listening position/sweet spot in the evenings when we are cooking/eating and playing a lot of music (open plan house). I actually think he really likes music, certainly he never runs away from it (even metal). He absolutely does not like football (the real kind) as he goes away to the other room when we’re watching that - I guess because we’re usually shouting at the TV! And then he wanders back to us when it’s over!

Wonderful creatures. Thanks for sharing such a great shot/story.

4 Likes

Yes, John, both of my rescues were found outside and simply hid in the house. Over time, they have attached themselves to us, and although their early trauma appears to be with them to some extent, it is very rewarding to have given them the life that they have.

5 Likes

Similar situation here Rockhound, 'cept different circumstances. Believe Jagger is an audiophile kitty as he prefers listening to music via Roon and my stereo system vs. when I play youtube music videos through my tinnier-sounding desktop computer speakers. He, like you, likes great SQ. :smiley_cat:

4 Likes

Friends for life…

29 Likes

OMG, that is beyond moving.

3 Likes

Agreed, the photo was taken by my son, I was “over the moon” :hugs:

1 Like

This photo is almost 30 years old. My daughter and her cat would read the newspaper during the day, a term my wife used for them both needing to look out the window and observe the world. This was shot with a Nikon F2AS and macro lens on 35mm Kodachrome. This is a photograph of a photograph. For environmental context see next message.

9 Likes

Many years later…today…where once had been two Wheaten Terriers who kept watch over the foyer is now our two rescues who go there to be certain all is well. The previous photo shows my daughter “reading the newspaper.” This shot, decades later, shows that window on the extreme left.

Today: "Investigators found male children who owned cats that went outside had a small, but significantly increased, risk of psychotic experiences in adulthood vs their counterparts who had no cat during childhood or who had an indoor cat.

The suspected culprit is not the cat itself but rather exposure to Toxoplasma gondii (T. gondii), a common parasite carried by rodents and sometimes found in cat feces. The study adds to a growing evidence showing exposure to T gondii may be a risk factor for [schizophrenia]"

7 Likes

Great picture, super cute!

A worrying scenario for cat owners…

Oh such a very sweet picture

1 Like

Been home a couple hours doing very important "chores":sunglasses:

Just sat down and Poppy leapt up onto the arm of my listening chair and appears to be much happier all round.

Must be good meds!

23 Likes

Awesome Kevin, great to hear Poppy is feeling chipper!

1 Like

Brilliant news, Kevin. Hope she continues to improve further.

Apropos of the deluge of Sid and Madge (and occasionally Kev lurking in the background) cat pics I always post, here is a different beast. This is Bailey who was my shadow for many years. The pic is circa 2003 in the UK; it’s in a friend’s kitchen after having been run ragged by a much younger Dobermann bitch in their paddock. He was the goodest boy.

QVZlUkZSVTNfOENMSDNJVA

23 Likes