Four-legged acoustical treatments (Post your critters! :) ) [2018-2022]

Very happy to see and hear that Poppy is doing better :slight_smile:

1 Like

This appeared moments ago at the front door

10 Likes

We used to get a lot of strays turn up.
It’s almost like there is some system where the local cats tell the strays, " go to that house,they are suckers, they will look after you no sweat":sunglasses:

5 Likes

It is a neurosis, but I worry about creatures, large and small.

2 Likes

We found new homes for 5 different strays after we got their confidence and vet care for them.

You can’t keep them all…

However we have not had any for a couple of years now.

3 Likes

It is no neurosis. It’s a sign of being a compassionate and caring human. It is to be applauded rather than diagnosed and sheepishly referred to as a failing.

It’s an excellent trait to see in folk, and it is one of the core indicators of whether they are decent people.

Never change. You be you.

8 Likes

Do your neighbours ever wonder where their cats have gone :joy:

7 Likes

That is so true. Strays used to flock to my great aunt’s house. And she was indeed a sucker who would take good care of them. I used to love to visit because we didn’t have pets at our house.

Sheldon

1 Like

Not posted any gratuitous cat photos for a while… Bailey was a prime candidate this morning though :innocent:

20 Likes

I have just found this thread.

Gosh I love animals.

Consider all posts with a picture to have been :heart: by me.

6 Likes

Definitely a good place to use up all of your heart allocation :grin:

6 Likes

I showed my wife the photo of Bailey, she said there’s no such thing as a gratuitous cat photo, they are all needed and appreciated.

She also commented on Bailey’s markings: mackerel tabby coat and marbled tabby tail, an interesting combination.

2 Likes

She’s a spoiled cutie :blush:

She is a F6 Savannah TICA registered.

She is not a people cat at all.

But we love her…as we do all our wayward kitties :heart_eyes_cat:

5 Likes

Yep. Our 3 certainly help to fill my soul.

Cats are all a little wayward. I like to think of them as all being on some sort of spectrum; a little “retarded” maybe? I’m not sure that is an entirely acceptable descriptor these days, and I hope not to cause offence, but for over a decade our mob of cats has become known colloquially as “The 'Tards” due to their adorable special behaviours and quirks. Their affectations and irrational neuroses make them all a little special-needs :heart:

Off the back of this, one of my friends who embraced the collective label decided that our indoor cat-tree that forms part of the feline highway cum obstacle course should henceforth be referred to as a “tardnasium”.

4 Likes

It’s not just cats; despite allegedly being one of the most intelligent breeds on the planet, both Katy and I agree that Stan is a little bit “special”. He has some very peculiar quirks, though he’s still cute and adorable!

Here he is asleep on Mum’s pillow after she got up for work:

26 Likes

I mentioned recently that Mrs Tel wanted to get some chickens. I didn’t want chickens. So we compromised and are getting chickens.

Well we’re still waiting for the coup before acquiring some laying hens, however, the name plaque that I ordered for the avian residence has arrived:

21 Likes

Again. You are incredible.

They found a nice and warm place.

19 Likes

It sounds grand but I hope the chooks aren’t all couped up? I suspect they’d be happier in a bigger place, near Henley.

Glad to read Hammer…Hope she continues her wonderful attitude! Makes life worth it !

Snickers sends his best for her!

18 Likes