Four-legged acoustical treatments (Post your critters! :) ) [2018-2022]

My old dog Bert used to burrow himself under the bed whenever there were fireworks going off, after a particularly bad experience as a puppy.

You just had to leave him to it, nothing we could do to help, besides just allow him to get on with it. Sometimes caused carnage, but when it was all over he would crawl back out and be his usual self again.

Strange and beautiful animals

5 Likes

I know most pets get upset to some degree with loud bangs from fireworks, it’s not just animals in past life my then girlfriend was freaked out by the noise but liked them visually we could go to shows but she always used ear plugs.

Now our cat, a large shorthaired English dark marbled tabby is not phased at all. In fact on several occasions I found him sitting on the lawn looking up at the sky watching the fireworks …

Mind move a hose pipe or a step ladder (both instruments of cat torture) and he’s “out of here” at warp speed.

4 Likes

My heart hurts for all the moggies and puppers out there that find fireworks a traumatic experience. Fortunately, fireworks are a rarity out where I live due to legislation, although we still get some ignorant idiots letting them off on New Year’s Eve at midnight despite it being the middle of summer and the perpetual bushfire danger we live under.

Two of my current cats moved with us from Singapore. Thunderstorms were almost daily year round and neither if them even stir if a storm hits now and any NYE idiocy passes without feline acknowledgement. We’re lucky.

2 Likes

27°C (80.6° in old money) in the shade and “the boys” are suffering (on separate rugs, of course)…

23 Likes

We once took our beagle Toby to a Nov 5 bonfire, we got so many dirty looks.

Toby on the other hand thoroughly enjoyed himself hoovering up dropped beef burgers followed by his obligatory bags of crisps in the pub later.

I do feel for animals who hate bangs but some just roll with it, think gun dogs

1 Like

I would have to get my jacket out nowadays for that temperature :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes a bit nippy . winter is coming ….

2 Likes

I have taken my fleece jacket off, just two layers left (I doubt it’ll get warm enough to remove those) …:grin:

2 Likes

Haha.
I still have all my fleece jackets and Gortex gear etc hanging in the back of the wardrobe from England…you never know.

To get back to pets and topic.

I took our girl Sheba to a friend’s last night who has two Belgian Malinois and she was just in heaven. They have a property right on the river with a little stream running right through the back yard.
They were all in and out and dashing about and just having a wonderful time.
We will have to visit much more often as she really enjoyed the doggy company.
No I didn’t have my phone with me ( I know shock horror!:sunglasses:) So no photos.

3 Likes

You should be moderated :rofl:

2 Likes

I do tend to self moderate… usually in the evenings though.
Oh sorry mixed up moderate with medicate there😉

5 Likes

I will be hitting the “Medicine” a bit later …. now back to Critters….

19 Likes

It’s definitely a dog’s life here today, however if I mention treat, oh yes she’s alert…lol.

29 Likes

Beautiful babies!

1 Like

How sweet!

1 Like

Sheba looks like she has found a great home, very comfortable whenever you post pictures of her (other than July 4th).

3 Likes

Similar temperatures here today, our boy had found a spot in the shade … he’s not moved much aside from having a drink and popping in to house for evening meal.

He sensed my presence … half opened his eyes and blinked at me … then it was head down again.

21 Likes

He looks very big :flushed:

For a tabby he sure is … below is a link to my favourite photo of him …

1 Like

This chair is really comfy Dad…you should try it😇

23 Likes