Four-legged acoustical treatments (Post your critters! :) ) [2018-2022]

When Snickers was a puppy he was way darker. You can see his dark color

in the picture that the breeder took before I picked him up in Colorado.

11 Likes

She’s on the right side. Thus, she was a passenger. She was really a great dog. She would sleep in bed with my son, head on the pillow, and when I would come in to get her up, she would raise her head, look at me, put her head down and close her eyes or put her paws over her eyes. She and Boomer were quite a pair (although she felt he was boring and did not play with him after she found that he could not chase her without being distracted and wander off)

P.S. In case you were not aware, both of our FordGTs came with McIntosh stereo head unit in the dash.

1 Like

Here he is as a puppy. Same colouration:

18 Likes

Absolutely, too cute

1 Like

Plenty of them seem to turn up at my house on a regular basis!

Yep…that’s for sure!!! Not a week goes by without some of them rascals showing up on my porch as well. Ace Rimmer’s cat seems to like them too as does our cats…simple pleasures! :wink:

Picture of my cats, they are really cute!

26 Likes

@Jacob_Ofman1,

Chocolate, Lilac & Brown Burmese?

All 3 are beautiful Burmese cats. They are such a special breed. Love them to death. Do you have Burmese cats?

Jacob

2 Likes

We’ve been censored, best post cat pics in the thread…

1 Like

I’ve just spotted that these posts were flagged as being off topic (which there were) but I felt it better to move them to this dedicated topic (a little more effort with some creative editing but worth it) rather than having them hidden.

@Jacob_Ofman1, beautiful looking cats … love the contrast in that photo.

3 Likes

Thanks Carl, I appreciate your help, a far more sensible approach IMHO.

:pray:t4:

1 Like

How’s that for cute!!

24 Likes

Sheba was not happy on 4th July and went and hid in the downstairs toilet, poor old girl.

22 Likes

Same for me. Mine hid most of the evening. They would occasionally come and sit with me on my listening chair, but leave as soon as those canons went off. Poor babies!

Hey Ace, I find fireworks are so cruel to dogs. My late wife and I raised Alaskan Malamutes for many many years and they will literally try to dig a hole in the carpet to try and get away from the noise. My current Labradoodle does not seem to to be as upset as the Malamutes but still dislikes the constant explosions…We even tried “Doggie Downers” as sedatives with little to no luck. That picture just breaks my heart cause I know how bad she must feel.

I blew off firecrackers when I was a kid…but not for 5 hours a day and whole weeks worth before and after the 4th. I even had a local guy launch those big rockets like you see at Park displays from his own front yard!! Drives me crazy. I hope she is OK now…

Cheers

3 Likes

That is painful to see. God only knows the associations it creates for Sheba.

(I took my youngest daughter to a park when she was about 3 1/2. She tripped, fell and skinned her knee. And then the fireworks began. So I had her in my lap, little dressed pulled over her legs so she could not see her injury and my hands clasped over her ears.)

So sorry to see @AceRimmer. Hopefully all the fireworks get let off all at once for her sake.

My two don’t seem perturbed by them at all and they only happen very occasionally here.

Opposite for my oldest son when he was in Alice Springs in the Northern Territory. Had 2 beautiful GSPs. (Still does but the black male passed from Cancer 18 months ago and he now has a full liver boy) and both were traumatized by fireworks. Unfortunately they seem to be a favorite pastime out in the desert and go off any time of the year.

These two love each other very much!

18 Likes

Thanks for all the kind words re Sheba.
She is just fine now, did not like the fireworks one little bit though.
We have five cats and one of them, the Bengal, is even more scared with both fireworks and thunderstorm.

And of course we live in Florida so thunderstorm can be a near daily event during summer.

4 Likes