Four-legged acoustical treatments (Post your critters! :) ) [2018-2022]

Poor guy. Day 3 close to 90 and high humidity. Glad it breaks tomorrow.

16 Likes

I’m more a dog guy than cat buy, but so many of your stories pull at the heartstrings.

This video was hard to watch but waiting for the ‘7 months later’ is worth it

3 Likes

I can’t bring myself to watch it even if it does have a good ending… :pensive:

6 Likes

Me too…:pensive:. I could not agree more…

2 Likes

I do not watch such things, and YouTube also has endless heartbreaking videos which cannot be unseen. I am all too aware of man’s cruelty. I do not need to be inspired to be pained by the actions of others.

1 Like

I use YouTube for one purpose only…when I am truly stuck with trying to fix something, usually automotive related.
And that’s it.
Even though most android phones seem to come with YouTube app that cannot be uninstalled I always disable it .

3 Likes

Well this is knowingly off topic, but I do learn about music, guitars, the stopping of scammers, short takes on world events, astronomy…but no longer stereo equipment reviews. There are cute videos of animals befriending children, different species becoming ”friends” with each other, and other light topics that contrast with my days.

I’ve found that YouTube us bad for my constitution.

2 Likes

I subscribe to a number of youtube channels. And they are almost all about music. Music history, current releases in genres I like, streaming concerts, videos from OLD concerts, etc. And I follow a few bookstores that stream author talks. I don’t watch any of the cute videos (pets, kids) or the heartwarming videos of returning soldiers surprising their kids. I have watched a few videos after searching for how to repair my anderson window cranks.

If I still had my 1965 VW bug, I’d be watching videos about how to fix things. Instead, I followed (religiously) the step by step guide here (I liked the opening instruction, which I recall as, “first, put your long hair up under a knit cap”)
edit: found it: “Take off all jewelry, including rings (finger, nose or ear). Also remove scarves, neckties or any loose clothing and tuck long hair into a stocking cap when working on a car.”

3 Likes

From the introduction. I loved this manual.

While the levels of logic of the human entitity are many and varied, your car operates on one simple level and it’s up to you to understand its trip. Talk to the car, then shut up and listen. Feel with your car; use all of your receptive senses and when you find out what it needs, seek the operation out and perform it with love. The type of life your car contains differs from yours by time scale, logic level and conceptual anomalies but is “Life” nonetheless. Its Karma depends on your desire to make and keep it-ALIVE!

1 Like

When I am correcting a technology problem or a complex mechanical household or automotive chore, YouTube is a valuable resource. I also learn about the history of music, and I get to see lesser know guitarists and witness their skill. (I just saw a Smothers Brothers broadcast of the BeeGees singing “Words” moments ago). Perhaps this should be its own thread…`why I am drawn to YouTube.’ This thread is intended to be about fuzzy friends in our lives.

Back on track again….my good friend’s buddy.

22 Likes

You have the power to make that happen :wink:

1 Like

Ok, buddy, I need my glasses back. Now!

22 Likes

…buddies!

25 Likes

Seems to me all these animals do is sleep, I suppose cats are lazy by nature …

Have you tried rattling a lead or a set of keys used to work on our dogs :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

This is Lewie, she loves music over a proper stereo :smile:

31 Likes

I rebuilt a 1600cc engine with that book. Threw a rod at a Chicago Dead show in 92. My ex diagnosed and swapped out a voltage regulator . . . I swear by it and buy any of my friends a copy when they get a VW Beetle. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve still got my copy and so does my brother who had lots of VWs. He just reminded be of a section in the book that says, “while taking off the pulley blah blah blah, and then after you bust your knuckles, do blah blah blah.” (I added the blah blah)

And it was true we busted our knuckles on that job.

2 Likes

My copy is sitting on a bookshelf next to my trusty Arban Complete Conservatory Method For Trumpet. If you know you know.

“mama mama many worlds I’ve known since I first left home” – Brokedown Palace, Garcia/Hunter

2 Likes